Chapter Thirty

My mind was full of haunting thoughts that kept me awake. It was currently 4AM meaning I had been staring up at my ceiling for 2 hours. The crazy hours of the party kept stinging it's way into my brain, all I could think about was where Jai had went after he stormed out because when I went outside to look for him he was no where to be seen. I couldn't deal with staying in that place any longer so I just left and walked home.

"Fuck" I yelled sitting upright in my bed with my head in my hands. The frustration of trying to get myself to sleep finally got to me. I can't deal with having more hours of no sleep so I got up and got dressed to go to my dance studio.

As I rode my bike I felt tears streaming down my eyes. Why do I always have to mess up everything? I mean I could of ran away from Connor earlier and this wouldn't of happened. I was snapped out of my own pity as I realised I arrived. I hopped off my bike while wiping my tears and headed inside.

The switched the dim lights on and pressed shuffle on my iPhone music. I just needed to dance and at that moment when Tears - Clean Bandit came on. As soon as the singing started, I began dancing softly around the room but my moves became faster as the tempo increased. I lost myself while dancing, forgetting everything and putting my heart into it. My moves became dangerously emotional as I slammed my back into the wall before running forward while singing out the words.

Just as the song ended I dropped to my knees trying to regain my breath and for what felt like the millionth time today, I began to hysterically cry. My emotions poured out of me right now more than they ever have. I continuously wiped my tears away from my eyes when all of a sudden I felt strong arms wrap around me.

"WHAT THE-" I screamed out in shock trying to escape but turning around and seeing it was Jai.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! I nearly had a heart attack" I yelled at him

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he spoke looking at me concerned.

"It's fine," I tried to smile at him, "Why are you here?" I softly asked.

"I couldn't sleep and I needed to talk to you so I stopped at your house but your bike wasn't there and the most obvious answer to where you would at this time is here, so here I am. As soon as I saw you here I chickened out but when you started dancing I was literally in a trance. Then you started to cry and I knew I couldn't leave"

"T-thanks" I stuttered. We stared at each other for a short while until I broke the silence, "I didn't kiss him. He forced himself onto me and I pushed him off. I'm sorry Jai" I quietly spoke, while my heart was beating out of my chest.

"You don't have to explain yourself. I know you wouldn't kiss him and I saw him force himself onto you. I'm sorry if I scared you but my temper got the best of me and when I saw what he was trying to get you to do, I lashed out." He spoke looking away from my eyes.

"Thank you for doing that. The prick deserved it but why did you leave after?"

"I couldn't handle seeing you, that was a side of me I never wanted you to see. It scared me how far I would have gone to hurt him if it wasn't for you shouting out my name"

That hit me hard, at the moment I began to realise that it felt like we were toxic for each other and the universe was waiting for something bad to happen between us.

"Why can't we ever just be together in peace? I'm not saying we don't have our good moments together, I can name thousands of those but it's like whenever I believe nothing bad can happen between us, it does." I spoke looking down at my feet.

"I know. First it was me fucking up then when we tried to make it work and this mess happened. It's as if we can't be together and if we are, we're somehow emotionally punished" Jai replied.

"Maybe we're not right for each other" I quietly spoke and just as I did our eyes finally connected together.

"No trust me Scar, we're right for each other but when we're together it's like we're a perfect disaster. I know for myself that I've found the right girl but it's just at the wrong time" He stated.

"We could start over? And take things slow this time because I know that I can't let you go." I said on the verge on tears yet again.

"I guess we did rush into things so yeah let's do that. But I'm still keeping my promise about making you trust me aga-"

"Jai, I trust you. I just saw what you would do for me and any person who wouldn't trust you after that is a complete idiot" My words caused him to smile just as he pulled me into a hug.

"Fine then I promise to make it up to you for everything before" he whispered softly in my ear before we pulled away from the hug.

"I love you Jai" The words even shocked me but I couldn't help it as it poured out my mouth. My body felt cold after I left his touch and his expression was left confused but soon his mouth turned into a smile.

"I love you too" Hearing him say it back, made my insides instantly warm up but what hurt me the most is the fact that I couldn't kiss him as much as I wanted to.

With that said he walked out of the room but turned around one last time and gave me a small smile which I returned. God I've never felt so empty but so content at the same time.

I hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for the amount of comments and likes I've been receiving, it means a lot! Let me know on your thoughts of this chapter, it was a bit of an emotional one to write. Do you think Jai and Scarlet's decision was the right one to make at this time?