Chapter 1: "Hi, I'm Lucus"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"Pleeeease Cassie!! One night of fun and then you'll have the whole school year for books. If you don't like the party then we'll leave. Ok?"

This is my usual Saturday night. Indi begging me to go to a party and me, well... saying no.

Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. My name is Cassandra Álvarez (yes I'm Spanish) and I am 17 years old. I live with my Mum, Maria, and my brother, Javier.

My Dad, Marco, left us when I was 5 and Javier was 10. I don't remember him much but Javier does although he hardly talks about him. Dad just walked out. Totally out of the blue. He hasn't contacted us since and none of us really care.

Anyway, Indi, my best friend since forever, is trying to persuade me to go to her cousins, friends, boyfriends party. I don't get it either.

"I won't know anyone there though," I argued.

"You'll know me and having too many friends never hurt anyone," she said.

"Fine, but if -"

"WHOOO!!!" she screamed.

"What?" I asked looking around for danger.

"When was the last time you went out to a party?" she asked with her hand on her hip.

"Um... I don't know?"

"Exactly. This is a historical event! Cassie goes to a party," she said in aw.

"Ha Ha Ha," I said sarcastically,"When does the party start?" I then asked.

"8 o'clock but we'll go at half 8 so we better get ready," Indi said while clapping her hands.

"What?! It's 6 o'clock. Let's watch a movie," I suggested.

"No way. We have to do your hair, pick the stunning outfit and do your makeup," she said whilst walking over to my closest.

And the hell begins.

************************************************************

"Ta da!" Indi said whilst uncovering my full length mirror.

Wow! Indi can honestly do miracles.

The girl who is looking back at me has my long brown hair which is now curled, my brown eyes that now popped out because of my amazingly done makeup and is wearing my sparkly, red, short strapless dress. It hugs all my curves and my naturally tanned legs and my black heels finish off the look.

"Indi... I-I-I look-" I stuttered.

"Absolutly gorgeous Honey,"

I turned around and saw my Mum standing in the doorway looking at me with pride.

"Thanks Mum. I won't be back late, I promise and I won't get drunk," I said whilst grabbing my black leather clutch bag and stuffing my phone and some money in it.

"Darling, as long as you come back safe and before 2am, it's fine. You deserve some fun, you study ALL the time," she said.

That's not exactly true. I do study a lot but I have fun too. I'm not a nerd or geek that everyone teases I'm actually quite popular, just smart at the same time.

"Okay Mum, see you later," I said whilst giving her a kiss on the cheek and leaving to party...

************************************************************

The scene in front of us is your typical teenage party. Music blaring, lights flashing, people making out, red cups littering the garden and neighbours peering out windows and shaking their heads.

"Ok, ready?" Indi asked me.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied and she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the house. We pushed our way past the dancers and got to the kitchen for a drink.

"Here ya go," Indi said, handing me a cup filled with an unknown substance.

"What is that?" I asked.

"I don't know but it tastes good," she said and took another sip,"Come on Cassie, live a little!"

I took a drink and the liquid burned the back of my throat. 'Ugh!' I thought.

"Hey Indi!" I heard someone shout over the music.

"I'll be back in a sec," Indi said. Whilst disappearing into the sea of bodies.

'Well,... this is fun' I though sarcastically. This is why I don't go to parties. Half these people look way older than me anyway.

"Are you hear by yourself?" a deep voice asks me from behind. I turn around and see a GOD! That is the only way to describe him. He has sandy blonde hair that flops to the side and is quite tanned. You can see through his shirt that he works out and is fit. He also has crystal blue eyes that you could get lost in....

"Hello? Are you ok?" the god asks me.

"Oh, uh, yeah... I'm fine, um, I'm Cassie, short for Cassandra," I said as I hold my hand out for him to shake but he has other idea's. He turns it round and kisses the back and says,

"Hi, I'm Lucus,"

hey, hope this is a good start, comment

vote

fan

song of the day: Little Talks by Of monsters of men x