Promise ♔

Chapter 9-1

"..."

There was silence in the thick air of the common room. After what Byakuran had said, nothing was stopping Giotto to see his Brother.

Future or not, it doesn't matter to him. Reborn, as well as the future versions of their friends, were standing on the opposite side of the room. They're all worried for the young Boss for they know what had happened.

"Reborn...Please let me go and find him" Giotto pled, "I am his Brother, I... don't want to lose him." He added as silence resumed. The Guardians were behind him in full support. Mainly because they didn't want anything bad was to happen to both Giotto and Tsuna.

But most of all, they didn't want Giotto to know what they felt when they lost someone precious to them. "Hn, Usagi isn't going to wait. Hurry up or I'll bite you to death" Alaude interrupted, the 'negotiation' was taking too long. "U-USAGI?!? DON'T CALL MY OTOUTO THAT ALAUDE!" the protective Brother has awakened and was beaten up by the skylark.

"Seriously, We could have sneak out of base without going through this talk Giotto." G stated with an annoyed look on his face. "But Reborn and the rest would worry" Asari said with a claim smile. "Kufufu~ Whatever is it, I'm sure that Tsunayoshi can handle himself" Daemon commented. "You guys, Help me with this!" Giotto whined at his friends. "Reborn! It's my decision! I'm going to the Vongola Mansi-"

(...)

"WAKE UP REBORN!"

Turns out, Reborn was sleeping while standing and eyes open on the table. It was a miracle that nobody noticed the bubble coming out of his nose. Soon the hitman was awake with a pop.

"Hm? What are you standing there for Dame-Giotto?" Reborn questioned. "...You have to be kidding me..." The blonde muttered, dropping onto his knees in depression.

"Don't be extremely depressed Giotto! I'm sure Reborn understands!" Knuckle cheered. At least it got back half of Giotto's determination to convince Reborn. "Thanks, Knuckle" "Yare Yare, This could take a while."

"Dame-Giotto, You do know that this could be a trap right?" Reborn said, gathering attention from everyone. "Byakuran told you of Tsunayoshi's Location, He must be planning a trap" He continued, but even the hitman can't deny. He knew that Giotto would stop at nothing to reach his brother.

Bianchi was frowning at them, she knew what might or would happen if Giotto were to come across Tsunayoshi. It's bound to happen, but she didn't know it would be this quick. She stared at the back of Reborn, who knows what the little hitman is thinking.

"Giotto-Nii... I don't think you should go..." Fuuta said, he knew what happened. Every one of the future knew. And because of that, they don't want the younger versions of their friends to know.

Especially Giotto.

"Fuuta's right. Giotto, Right now you should concentrate on training. We need to defeat Byakuran!" Dino said, supporting Fuuta. Basil stayed quiet, his silence was enough to prove that he was on Fuuta and Dino's side.

"..." Giotto had his head hang down, he was thinking of their words. Should he prepare himself to fight Byakuran? Or go and find Tsuna?

The answer was obvious, His Family comes First.

"I'm sorry you guys. But I'm going to the Mansion! Please understand!"

He had made his choice. To the Mansion they go. Reborn, for once, held mixed emotions. "Dame-Giotto," He said as Giotto looked at him with unwavering eyes. "If that's your decision than I won't say anything." Reborn continued on "The Vongola Mansion is already in an abandoned state, There's no telling what will happen."

"So promise me Dame-Giotto, when you come out from that place. You'll stay the same"

Giotto smiled at his tutor. This was the first time Reborn had showed that he care, in a way. So he was happy for a second. "...I promise Reborn."

▪ ▪ ▪

At times when Reborn made the promise, I didn't expect much. I didn't suspect why Reborn would do such a thing, it was unlike his usual character.
But that moment I saw Tsuna, then I only realized the reason why he did it.

It was to keep me sane...