0.4

luke slipped his iphone 5c back into his pocket. due to his concern for how mikey was, luke had completely forgotten that the two had never met prior. of course, there was a worry deep within him that mikey wouldnt like him; that all the time spent skyping eachother late into the night would be in vain the moment michael laid eyes on him.

but most of him was filled with excitement. he began to think about the gorgeous person that had begun to occupy his thoughts during every waking moment, the person with perfect pink hair and smile that somehow surpassed the beauty of their resting face.

he thought about how they had met, through calum and ashton, a year ago. he thought about how, although many opportunities to meet properly arose, one of them had had to cancel, or the plans got scrapped entirely. he thought about his growing affection for his bubbly friend. how he was constantly trying to push away the want to be more than just mikeys friend.

then he heard a scuffing sound, paired with a quiet choking noise. luke looked up, and his heart froze. the pretty face that he knew all too well - the one he had spent as much time as he could snapchatting, oovooing, skyping, anything to get an opportunity to lay eyes on it - was contorted with a horrible pain. this wasnt just cute, sad, subtle crying. it was entirely melancholic. there were tears falling fast, their face was scrunched up and red. luke felt tears well up in his own eyes at the pitiful aight, but kept them in. he had to be strong. for mikey.

"mikes," he called out softly, knowing they'd seen him too from their message. michael's wet, green eyes glistened in the orange glow from the streetlamps surrounding them, but they had a slight glow to them from the moment they met luke's baby blues.

michael changed their shuffling, zombie-like pace to disjointed running. luke could tell they wanted to be with him, and he jogged forward slightly, meeting them in the middle.

luke felt himself stumble back as mikeys full force hit him. they were small, only 5'3, but they were in a rush. luke was close to falling, but skilfully he regained his balance enough to hold mikeys crying form tightly in his arms.

the pair stood for a while like that: mikeys face pressed into lukes neck, muffling the choked sobs that were slowing, yet not ceasing; lukes big arms wrapped protectively around them as the cooed reassurances into their ear. luke knew his shirt was getting wet, but he didnt care. in that moment, in all moments, all he cared about was that mikey was alright. that if they werent yet, they were going to be.

slowly, mikey pulled back a little, and gazed up at luke. luke moved his arms so they were around mikeys waist, before lifting them up almost effortlessly. mikey gasped in shock, but put their arms around lukes neck to be comfy.

"so-orry," michael let out a half-hearted chuckle. "i probably lo-ook like sh-shit right now." they did; their eyes were red and puffy, they had tear stains down their face, and no matter how hard they tried, their smile didnt quite look sincere. luke didnt care. luke still thought they were beautiful.

"yeah you do, dork." luke replied, sticking his tongue out playfully. when this made michael laugh a little more convincingly, luke felt a smile tug the corners of his mouth up. "lets go inside."

luke carried michael into his home, making sure not to forget the suitcase they had thrown in an attempt to get to luke faster. he kicked it as gently as he could, pushing it along through the door with his foot so he didnt have to put michael down.

"mi cása es su cása." he said jokingly, back into the door to push it closed.

"its not pronounced like that dumbass."

"hush" michael let out a small laugh - although quiet, it was genuine - and luke felt like his life had been made better just by hearing that in person.

luke carried michael up the stairs to his bedroom, and set him down by the bed. he reached into his closet and got out a thick hoodie.

"no point going back downstairs, just put this on," luke said, referring to michaels luggage downstairs. "i guess i'll go downstairs and sleep on the couch..."

"no!"

there was a moment of silence at this sudden outburst, and a red flush coated michael's cheeks.

"i-i mean, maybe you should, uh, stay here?" it came out more as a question than a statement, and luke was about to just go back downstairs before he looked into their still-bloodshot, green eyes.

although michael wasnt saying a word, one look at their face gave luke the message that they were trying to get across. 'please stay with me'.

"okay mikey," luke said quietly with a smile, and michael wasnt sure he heard them correctly.

"wait, wh-"

michael was cut off by luke turning around quickly and tackling them onto the bed. they let out a yelp of surprise, and gasped when luke started tickling them. this caused them to erupt into a fit of giggles, before they managed to pry lukes hands away from their tummy.

"stop!" they fake-whined, slapping his hands away when luke went back in to do it again. eventually, luke gave up, and got under the duvet. michael followed his lead, slightly worried that luke would think that this was weird.

but then luke snuggled up to them, throwing one arm over their body and spooning them contentedly. michael let out a breath they didnt know they were holding before relaxing in his arms and falling asleep.

☔️☔️☔️
i didnt edit this at all i figured it was fuckin good enough lmao
fuck u