1.0

luke grinned to himself, setting his phone down on his counter-top. although he had only been speaking to some of the people in the chat for barely any time, he felt as though they were already close. and that even if they werent yet, he was completely sure they would be. part of him was buzzing with excitement, as he couldnt wait to see new people in the chat.

he slowly padded up the stairs in sock-clad feet, taking in the photographs that he had littered the walls with. in the hallway to his room, there were polaroids upon polaroids covering up the eggshell-blue of the walls. pictures of memories from far away, memories that were closer. memories of meeting calum for the first time, and then ashton. memories of first moving into his apartment, and pictures of the entire layout. memories of loud nights out with friends, quiet evenings spent in the forest.

he reached his room and found the white door open. he peeked his head around the door frame and spotted his bed sheets messed up. crinkled and mangled to cocoon the person in the middle of it.

mikey was sleeping soundly, their eyes closed in a peaceful slumber that nobody could break without feeling guilty. their pink hair tangled and fluffy around their pale face. their plump red lips in a most kissable pout.

luke looked about his room, finding everything in order but a messily opened suitcase with shirts spilling out of it. a laptop was sat at the very bottom, closed and untouched. although michaels pyjamas were scattered about unorderly, they continued to wear lukes hoodie, causing a warm feeling to spread through lukes chest.

it was very clear that michael did not have everything with them. luke shoved the thought of them going to collect the rest to the back of his mind, focusing on other things. if worse came to worse, luke would be able to buy things for michael. sometimes he took his wealth for granted, but it was times like these that luke appreciated how rich his family were.

lukes parents were owners of the chocolate company 'hemmings'. sure, his parents didn't really want him. at least they made sure to send him to a good (private) school, and give him a house to live in. it was a good looking place, and luke's parents completely paid for everything luke's heart desired. luke guessed that his parents thought that spoiling him now would make up for the years of neglect he suffered as a child.

luke snapped himself out of his thoughts, not wanting to ruin his mood with dreary thoughts of his parents like he had so many times before. instead, he focused on michael. they looked so peaceful in luke's bed, so calm and tranquil. but also so small. mikeys tiny stature of 5'3 was engulfed by the fluffy white sheets of lukes king sized bed. it was, quite frankly, adorable.

carefully, luke peeled back the blankets covering his friend. he slid into the bed behind mikey an wrapped their arms around their waist, trying not to wake them as he did so. he buried his head in the back of their neck after tugging the blankets back up over them.

"huh?" michael asked, opening one eye and turning slightly in lukes grasp. luke cooed quietly into their ear, squeezing them gently.

"go back to sleep, baby," he mumbled into their neck, "it's only me." at this, michael nodded, getting comfortable again and settling back into a sleep. it was only afterward that luke realised that he'd let the pet-name slip, and he was filled with embarrassment. while half of him wanted for michael to have been too out of it to recognise, another more selfish part wanted them to be aware of it. for them to be half awake with their heart racing an- save the fan-fic.

luke always had trouble sleeping, and now was no exception. but with michael by his side, he felt himself relax. it wasnt sleep, but it was a rest. he felt at ease.

☔️☔️☔️
i didnt edit this so rip if its SHITE