22 | Feelings Change Like Seasons Do

Cruising through the city with my windows down; the fall air brushed my hair. Mariah Carey ft Miguel song "Beautiful" played throughout the car. My sunglasses blinded the sun as It aimed my way.

Shaking my head side to side I started thinking about that special person who has been fulfilling my happiness, even in the simplest ways. I haven't spoke to him in six days, and he has yet to reply to my messages. I hope he's okay, I thought as I sped down the highway to finish running the rest of the errands for my mum.

Summer was catching up to us already. I rolled my windows up before opening the door and stepping out. I pulled my shorts down as I grabbed my phone from the hand rest. Shutting the door, I locked the car, and headed across the parking lot.

Walking into the store I pulled the crinkled piece of paper out of my back pocket. Handing it to the women at the front desk "Im here to pick up an order for Rosanita Dozier" I said as she took it out of my hand and looked over the receipt.

"Oh yes yes," she said scoodling away "I'll be right back!" The old women said.

Before I knew it she was back with a huge load in her hands.

Lordy, how come my mum didn't tell me It would be this much, I could've pulled my car upfront.

"Here you go, gracefully this is all" she said laying the bags on the counter "I had the hardest time trying to get all of these bags of clothes in my hands, my grandson in the back had to help me." She laughed.

"Oh well thank you, I really appreciate it" I said trying to grasp them all.

"No problem Darling." She said as she placed her hands on the wooden counter.

Smiling, I pushed the door open and headed back towards my car.

_______________♡_______________

"We have an order for R. Dozier" the old voice called.

Rambling through the racks of clothes I finally found Rosanita Dozier on the tag. Then I had found another one and another one. She had a whole racked saved to herself I'm guessing because every item was issued to her. The clothing was very businesslike, high class, and elegant. I bet my grandma cleaned these very precisely to please this churlish women. Many people now a days are so uncivilized.

Pushing the rack into the hallway I noticed my grandma standing by the door. Her hand was on her hip, watching me as I made my way to her. "Grandma-" I said but was suddenly interrupted by a slap to the face. "Dont grandma me," she said making my body shiver.

Thoughts of that day had reappeared, I was so helpless. I was knocked out unconscious. The next thing you know, I was waking up in the hospital. The doctors came in surprised, so amazed that she left and came back with a large group of doctors. They said that the way the data was showing up they were unsure If I was ever going to make it. I got let out the hospital two days ago with a full recovery; however they recommended me to take it slow just for safety reasons.

"I told you two minutes ago to get the clothing, It does not take you that damn long to find a rack with that ladies name on it. "

"Yes maam, I apologize, Ill do better." I pleaded to her.

"Now give me the clothes" she said holding her hands out.