Girl meets Texas

"Why didn't you want to watch Lucas?!" Riley questioned me. I didn't answer. "You didn't want to watch Lucas because you care.. You care about him.. You like Lucas." She finally said, I still don't say anything.

Oh, but my darling, you have no idea how I feel.

"That's not it." I finally spoke up over the deafening silence. "Then what is it? Why couldn't you watch him? What other reason would there be?" "I do care about him! But I don't like him!" I spat out. "Then why didn't you watch? I care about him too, I watched." "Just- because! Does it really matter this much?!" I said as a stood up, not wanting this to go on anymore. Riley gets up too. "It does, peaches, why won't you tell me?" I sigh deeply as I turn my back to her. "Because I'm jealous." I slightly mumble. "Why would you.. Who would you.. If you don't like Lucas then.." She soon trails off, not finishing the sentence. I'm afraid she finally gets it. "You're jealous of him.. Because I was focusing so much on him and not.. You." She said, her voice low. I don't say anything. "Riley I just-.. I need you.." There's a long, deafening silence between us. I soon just get up, walking away, not able to say anything else to her.