I don't care anymore

She quickly leaves, slamming the door behind her. I just sit there, processing what happened as tears quickly fill my eyes, threatning to fall. I don't care anymore. I let the tears fall. More fall than I expected, my cries probably heard in the apartment above. I don't care anymore. I soon fall to me knees, begining to weep. All this pain. All this heartache I have stored inside of me, coming out with the cries. I'm not used to this. But I let it happen. I don't care anymore. It doesn't matter. I let my tears fall until I can't cry anymore.

I wipe my tear stained face as I hear the door begin to open. My head quickly shoots up as I wipe my face dry, not wanting my mom to see I've been crying. How long had I been crying? When did Riley leave? "Maya, why was the door unlocked?" She asked sternly. I sigh deeply. "Riley was here, guess I forgot to lock the door after she left.." I said, my voice low and shaky. She looks at me for a second, her eyebrows furrowed. "You've been crying." She says as she sets her purse and keys down, coming to sit next to me. "Maya, what's wrong?" She asks as she puts her arm around my shoulder to comfort me. I quickly move aside, causing her arm to fall onto the couch. I look at her for a second, so many emotions filling me. The primary one, anger.

I furrow my eyesbrows. "No." I say quietly as she moves closer to me, trying to comfort me. "Maya-" she starts, but I quickly interrupt her. "NO!" I yelled as I quickly ran to my room, burrying my face in my pillows. I soon hear a knock on my door. I ignore it, not saying anything. My door opens. My mom coming it. "Maya, tell me what's wrong." She said, compassion filling every letter. As she sits down on my bed. I throw my pillow at her, getting up, standing infront of her. "Where have you been?" I start angrily, "I've been broken and hurt all my life. I've cried myself to sleep every night. And you just now notice that I'm upset?" I say coldly, walking out of my room, out of the house, onto the streets of New York. I don't know what I'm doing or going. But I'm doing it. I'm just wandering around without any location in mind. But I don't care.