Chapter 1:

Okay guys, this is my first ever published story so be gentle. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear what you think! Thanks so much for reading and I hope you like it!

PS I have quite a bit of it written so far but am not quite finished so the first few chapters will come up quickly and I'll write the rest as fast as possible.

Chapter One:

Can we leave yet? I wondered for the hundredth time since my sister and I had arrived at the party.

The party was hosted by one of the frat houses at the university my older sister Samantha and I go to. The bass was booming loud enough to make the walls shake and the liquor was flowing freely. People started to get a little too drunk about two hours ago. Now it was just ridiculous.

“Isn’t this great, Cass!” Sam shouted over her shoulder as we pushed our way through the throngs of college kids whose bodies swayed rhythmically to the music.

“No!” I shouted back but she was too busy flinging her long blond hair around and raising her drink in a salute to the party gods to notice.

Slamming into sweaty, stinky strangers and getting groped by randoms was not exactly my idea of a good time. Unfortunately, Samantha had somehow managed to convince me to make an appearance at this ungodly place by using her pre-law charms and a little bribe called TV privileges.

Sam and I lived together off campus in the same town we grew up in. Our parents decided to travel the world once both of us were in college so we were forced to strike out on our own. I’m in my first year while Sam is in her second. Sam is actually two years older than me but she stayed an extra year in high school in order to keep her spot as head cheerleader for one more year.

I, on the other hand, left high school as soon as possible. Needless to say, I was not the head cheerleader. Or any type of cheerleader for that matter.

Not that I’m a complete nerd. I had friends. Just not nearly as many as Sam. Sam was friends with everyone.

Nothing really changed once we got into university. Sam was her ever popular self and I made a couple new friends whom I mostly spend time studying with. That’s how first semester had gone by. Now at the end of first semester, my sister somehow managed to convince me that I needed one college party experience before it was too late. Besides, having remote control rights for a whole week was worth a little high decibel torture. I mean, really, how much Dr. Phil can one girl watch?

Then some drunk asshole spilt his entire drink right down my shirt.

I should’ve just dealt with Dr. Phil.

“Sorry,” he mumbled as he covered his mouth and made a dash for the patio doors. I vaguely heard retching sounds as I held out my arms and tried not to breathe in as the smell of beer took over my senses.

“Oh dude, did you spill?” Sam asked when she finally noticed my soaked state.

I just glared in response. Dude? We were suburban girls who’d never seen a surf board in our lives. Maybe she figured because she smoked pot she could talk like that skateboarding guy on Clueless.

“I’m going to find a washroom!” I yelled. My sister nodded and gave a thumbs up before turning back to the gaggle of guys that had started to surround her.

What was with that anyway? I wondered as I began pushing my way through the crowd in what I hoped was the direction of the bathroom. Guys seemed to have a major thing for tall, skinny, beautiful blondes. How predictable was that?