26: Vic

**Vic's POV**

I came home after yet another day of research without any useful results. I was stressed to the core, not even to mention all of the near-death experiences I'd had over the past few days.

I was having dinner with my parents in a restaurant a few days earlier when I nearly choked on an olive. An olive for crying out loud! I'm never eating those things again. They taste horrible anyway, but my mom insisted on me trying one.

I also managed to somehow nearly electrocute myself on a light switch of a public toilet. And just this morning I almost found myself underneath a school bus.

This was definitely getting out of hand.

Who knows for how much longer I would be this lucky?

I sighed, dropping my keys on the table before I made my way upstairs into the bathroom. I took a long shower, mostly just standing there, letting the water hit my back and thinking things over, rather than washing myself like I was supposed to.

My thoughts were all scrambled up, running a mile a minute... even to the point where I thought, well heck what would be so bad about dying?

But I quickly pushed that thought away.

I missed Kellin. That was my main issue. That's what made it all so much harder, so much more difficult. It was hard to think straight with him on my mind, I suppose in more way than one.

God I wanted to kiss him so bad.

I let out a deep sigh and tried to focus on the task at hand; doing what one is supposed to be doing in a shower. I looked around me for the bar of soap, finally spotting it in the corner of the shower, furthest away from me. I then took a step forward, about to bend over to grab it when I slipped and fell on my back, my shoulder hitting the small edge that kept all the water from going everywhere.

"Fuck!" I winced in pain, immediately scrambling up and becoming momentarily dizzy. I could hear the familiar, irritating sounds of death himself. And it was almost like he was mocking me or something.

When I was focused again, I looked around, but he wasn't there.

Death's an asshole, I can tell you that much. It was like he was toying with me.

I turned off the shower and grabbed a towel, starting to dry myself off. Once I reached my back, I hissed, feeling something similar to sandpaper gliding along an open wound. It really fucking hurt.

I stopped to take a look at my towel, only to find a fair amount of blood smeared on it. I wiped the condensation off the mirror and turned slightly so I could look at my back. On my shoulder was a big cut, exactly where I remembered landing on that stupid edge. Figures.

I grabbed the first aid kit from the cabinet below the sink and swatted a compression pad on the cut, taping it to my skin. "If you want me dead, just do it already." I murmured, getting tired of how I was basically being played with here.

After I was done in the bathroom, I went straight into my bedroom, being completely done with today. I threw on my pajama pants, not really bothering with underwear, and turned towards the bed, smiling at the sight.

Well, I couldn't exactly see him, but the dent in the mattress and pillow as well as the raised covers made it quite obvious that Kellin was right there. I decided to quietly move the mirror around to his side of the bed before I got in beside him, that way I could sort of see him, even though it wasn't a super clear image.

The dent beside me shifted a little, and suddenly I felt his weight against me. It felt strange, almost cold, but I didn't care- it was Kellin.

I glanced over into the reflection of the mirror and saw how he was cuddled up against me, his head and hand both resting on my chest, causing a fluttery feeling in my stomach. I moved my arm around, until I could see that I had reached Kellin's small form and carefully put it down until I basically had my arm around him.

It looked strange, holding onto something that wasn't really there. But the mirror told me otherwise. I glanced at the reflection one last time before I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.