27: Kellin

it's almost over guys. just a few more chapters. 2 tomorrow and 2 on Halloween. just letting you know... is Vic going to die, or not? that's the question...

---------------

**Kellin's POV**

I gradually woke up from my slumber, almost blushing when I noticed how I was huddled up against Vic's still sleeping form. His hair was all messed up, but he looked so peaceful.

Mentally, being in his arms felt right... but physically it was all off. He felt strange, like not really there, but that was actually a relief since that told me he was still alive. Good.

I carefully shifted upwards and kissed his cheek. God he was beautiful. What I wouldn't give to be alive again, even for only a day, just to be with him. Be one with him. Show him how much I lo-hold on.

Stop right there Kellin.

I wasn't just thinking that. No way. I shouldn't be thinking of him like that anyways. I was supposed to distance myself from him, yet here I was, latched onto him like a little puppy craving affection from its mother.

Damnit.

Vic started stirring beside me, pulling me from my mess of thoughts. I shifted away and grabbed the iPad from the bedside table, opening up the notes app. 'good morning, sleeping beauty' I typed before holding it at an angle so he could see.

He chuckled lightly and yawned as his eyes scanned over the screen. "Yeah, morning." He murmured, sleep still lacing his voice as he kicked the covers off himself. I couldn't help but to admire his body, giggling when my eyes fell down to a certain something.

'looks like someone had an interesting dream...' I then teased. 'was it about me?'

Vic read the message and looked down at himself, his face growing bright red as he scrambled to pull the covers back onto his lower half. "Shut up." He grumbled, but ended up laughing anyways. "I don't remember what I dreamed about."

This was actually the first time we'd sort of communicated again since a few days. Vic had been gone so often, but I just couldn't distance myself anymore since it seemed like Vic wasn't trying either. I mean if he was, he would've moved out by now.

Which reminded me of something.

'I read the note you left with your will' I typed to him.

"Oh." He breathed softly. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "I just figured, in case I do die- which wouldn't surprise me with everything that's been happening- then you deserve to be able to live here at peace... without new people moving in and bothering you." He then explained.

Wow.

That was why he did it? So I could be at peace?

God damnit, why was he so sweet to me?

'what do you mean, with everything that's been going on?' I then typed into the appolication.

Vic frowned, as if he was disappointed that I caught up on him saying that. "Oh it's nothing, really." He breathed casually. "Just death fucking with me." He then shifted, moving himself upward so he could prop himself up on his elbows. He hissed in the process, his face contorting in one of pain.

"Like for instance, he tried to kill me in my own shower. Pretty sure that was his seventh attempt. I hurt my shoulder pretty bad." He groaned, sitting up completely.

'can I take a look at it?' I then asked.

Vic's eyes scanned over the screen, and then he simply nodded.

I put the iPad down for a moment, as I moved myself so I was sitting on my knees behind Vic. I carefully peeled the blood soaked band-aid off his shoulder, shocked at what I found underneath.

It was a pretty big cut. Although it looked innocent at first, something was wrong. It was still open, still bleeding, and it was black all around with dark veins popping up beneath his tanned skin.

I grabbed the iPad again, typing quicker than ever before. 'Vic, this cut looks seriously infected'

Vic's eyes widened as he watched the words appear on the screen. "But how?" He asked incredulously. "It only happened last night!"

'do you think he did this?'

Vic nodded slowly, a sense of defeat evident in his deep sigh. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled his back up against my chest. He winced as he softly collided with me. "Sorry." I instantly muttered, loosening my grip on him a little and forgetting that he couldn't hear my apology.

"It's okay." He responded, as if he knew I was going to say it. "The cold actually feels nice against it."

I smiled and brought my lips to his neck, kissing it softly. "That however, kind of tickles." Vic then pointed out as he giggled lightly.

I laughed with him and just did it again, and again, and again, until he got quiet. "I can feel you laughing. That's nice." He spoke softly, though I could hear a hint of sadness in his voice. He then closed his eyes and leaned back against me.

I just sat there holding him in my arms for a moment, until I felt it... his blackened eyes boring into us. I looked up and saw the cloaked figure of death himself hovering before us at the end of the bed.

"You are not taking him." I snapped between gritted teeth. "You can torture me for the rest of eternity if you want, but I will not let you take his life. He deserves to live. It is my fault that he broke the rules. Punish me, not him."

But death didn't respond. Of course he didn't. I had never heard him speak or even change facial expressions. He was death after all, so I wasn't exactly surprised.

He did however move closer, which only made me hold onto Vic tighter. "You're not taking him!" I screamed, almost desperate now.