~*~04~*~*

Chapter 4

Got a few reads, enough to motivate me to keep on going! Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________

I can’t seem to forget about what happened yesterday, I didn’t know if I should be angry, or sad, or relieved at some point. But something tells me that maybe I wasn’t reacting at all because I was used to it, the rejection of people I wanna be friends with.

My life before the fire, was actually quite ‘perfect’ for a teenager. I had a loving family, a modelling career – which fired me right after the incident because of my burns – and good grades, tons of friends and popularity. But right now, I had no family, no side job, a rusty car – but a good car, nonetheless – and popularity for not risking my life for my family. All is cool.

Sometimes I wish that this was all a bad dream, and they say be careful what you wish for. But something was actually stopping me from pinching myself awake.

Harry Styles

The way he was so mysterious, and changes moods easily intrigues me. And I don’t know why but maybe there was something special about him, not because he’s blind, but because he was strong enough to stay here even with his blindness.

I don’t know his story, but was motivated to find out.

Harry was quite new here, just a little over 2 years when he went here and he was quite popular back then. But all of a sudden whispers and hearsays occurred about him and people started hating him.

Not much has happened in school, Derek’s bullying and shouting was all. Except when I looked at the announcement board for spring break jobs, a girl approached me.

“Err- excuse me!” I turn around surprised someone talked to me and saw that she was quite new. That’s why, she didn’t know.

“Err- hi I was wondering if you could help me?” she said “I’m new and kinda lost”

“Oh uh, sure I guess” she smiles

“Great!” she cheers “So I have what looks like Grammar here” [A/N don’t know subjects in journalism/literature degree. So all is made up]

“Oh cool that’s my next class. Come on err-” I indirectly asked for her name

“Oh I’m Eleanor, by the way” she introduced

“Amanda, but Amy for short”

After the introductions, class came by pretty quick and school was over. She told me she had a boyfriend that lived closed to mine so I helped her, then she said he was in room 148, and I was nervous. Is he Harry’s girlfriend?

Speaking of Harry, he wasn’t here today which was weird. He was always here, always.

I help Eleanor out and direct her to their apartment.

“Louis!” she hollered which made me sigh in relief, she was Louis’ girlfriend. Whew!

“El? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Uni?” He asked surprised

“Well I took classes at the nearby uni to be with you so… surprise!”

Oh, he was surprised all right.

“Lou, is Harry around?” I asked and he nodded sadly.

“He’s in his room, he doesn’t wanna be disturbed though, he said so himself” I shake my head and run to his room anyways, it’s been weeks and I always come here so I know which is which, and I can’t help but notice that everytime I come here, he’s not around.

It hurt to know that he was ignoring me, like everybody else.

I raise my fist and was about to knock on the door when I heard sobs, I lean closer and heard him mumble

“I’m sorry Gem, I really am”

Zayn

I sigh and take a shot dropping it harshly at the bar table. Right now I was waiting for my Irish friend, Niall. Him being Irish, he liked to get drunk, and I somehow took advantage of it whenever I need a drinking buddy.

Why am I drinking? Well I’m depressed that’s for sure. I was depressed cause my bestfriend was taking interest in someone else.

Got it already? I like like Amanda.

I consider her burns her battlescars, proof on how strong she was after all her struggles. I admire how determined she was to fulfil her promise to her sister.

Her sister’s dying wish

I have to say, me letting her stay at ours had to be a blessing. Me seeing her in need of a help, it was like something was pulling me to help her. I shake my head.

“There ya are!” an Irish accent said. I turn around and raise my shotglass before chugging it down “I was looking everywhere for ya mate! This pub is huge!”

“I know, beer?” I point at the bar and he nods. As long as it was my treat he agreed to everything.

“So why did ya call me here, and I know you only treat me when you desperately want someone to talk to you so spill”

“I like my bestfriend” I said and sigh taking another shot.

“Whoah, that escalated quickly” he mumbled “What about it?”

“She doesn’t know” I said trying to be as vague as possible.

“aaand?!” he said impatiently “Dude I can’t help you if you give me the least information possible”

“And I have a feeling she likes another” I said ignoring his comment “and I’m hurt because like, I’ve always been there for her”

“what’s the big dealio? You know sometimes, your feelings ain’t right”

“But this one is a strong one, remember the last time I had this feeling we found out your ex-girlfriend had s-”

“Shut up Zayn that was still trauma for me!” he interrupts. I let out a small laugh.

“So tell me about this guy”

“You sound like a love-struck teenage girl”

“Whatevs just spill!” I laugh and shake my head.

“Well, he’s blind” I said “And I have feeling that what draws him to her is that he reminds her of her deceased sister”

“Wow, a blind dude. She has a very peculiar taste” I gave him ‘the look’ and he shuts up

“Go on” he pushed

“And he’s new to the area, he’s been kicked out of his old school for starting a fight”

“How did you know that?”

I shrug “A few people” I groan and bury my head in my hands “I don’t know what to do!”

“Easy, put your feelings to the test”

“What do you mean?” I asked curiously

“Take a different girl out on a date, and if you still have feelings for your so called friend then they’re rock solid feelings then”

“How are you so sure it’ll work?”

“Trust me, it will”

____________________________

‘the look’ on the side >>>

:D