~*~*09~*~*

Chapter 9

2 updates within 24 hours, that must be some sort of record for me.

No reason, just wanted to update is all…

Ahem, enjoy!

_____________________________________

“Manda dear hand me the hotdogs they need to be grilled” my mom said pointing to the plate of raw hotdogs. I nod and obediently take the hotdogs handing it to her.

“MANDA! Can you believe it?! It’s new year new year new year!” my sister said jumping around and I can’t help but laugh as I steady her.

“Okay, okay calm down before you hurt yourself, and enough with the sweets! Jeez!” I said taking the chocolates and candies in her hand. I fix the red dress I had on before storing the candies on the fridge.

New year was just starting and we were all excited. My dad was helping my mom in cooking and my sister was belting out the lion king’s theme song. Yeah, she gets crazy at her sugar highs.

My phone rang and I took a look seeing a text from my friends saying happy new year, I said it back and turned my phone off.

The whole neighbourhood was crazy, loud music was played and firecrackers were popping everywhere. I smile as pink, green and red fireworks were flashing in the sky.

“You okay there Manda?” I look up and saw my dad’s towering height. I smiled as he took me in his arms keeping me warm.

“I can’t believe it, a lot has happened in a year” I mumble. He hums and looks up enjoying the fireworks as well.

^*^

“10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!” the countdown was finished and the fireworks were blaring in the sky. My sister and I were jumping up and down following the belief if we jump on new years, we’d get taller.

Soon, the festivities were done and we had to clean-up. My mom was finished crying, she gets emotional every year.

“Oh no, put that back dear…” my mom said pointing at the dirty dishes I was about to wash “Go tuck your sister in sweetie. I’ll take it from here”

I nod and wash my hands drying it on my apron before untying it, and hanging it on a hook. I walk over to my sister’s room where she was brushing her hair.

“Time for bed Andy” I whisper taking the brush from her hands and helping her to the bed. She yawns and I tuck the duvet under her chin kissing her forehead.

“Love you Andy” I whispered before walking out. I shiver and went to my room, taking a sweater and wrapping it around my body.

My mom and dad were asleep as I take a last few checks at the house. Once I was sure everything was all good, I went to my room and sat on the window, my knees tucked under my chest. I hum and close my eyes, when I open them, I saw a firecracker at the bushes.

I let curiosity take me as I silently walk down the stairs. I crouch down the bushes and take the firecracker in my hands, the rope had an orange tinge. I shake my head throwing it away,

BANG

I woke up with a start, sweat trickling down my forehead and I was breathing unevenly. I look beside me and saw Harry still fast asleep, his face peaceful.

I stood up slowly, untangling myself from him as I sighed. These dreams are getting worse and worse.

I went to the living room and saw that the sofa was all clean, the blankets were folded and the pillows were placed horizontally. I smile and click the button on my telephone for any messages. There weren’t much messages, just the usual follow ups and job offers.