Chapter 29 - Waiting

Thomas' POV

I collapsed into a chair and buried my head in my hands. I shakily ran a hand through my hair, but the sounds of running footsteps caught my attention. I looked up to find Dylan running down the corridor over to me, with Kaya, Ki Hong and Will close behind him.
"What's going on? Where's Lucy?" Dylan burst. Tears welled in my eyes, and I shook my head before burying it in my hands again.
"Thomas, tell us what happened." Kaya knelt down beside me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "You need to tell us." I lifted my head up,  took a deep breath, and slowly explained what happened, how I got here and what I saw.
"And, and when I got here, they wouldn't let me see her. I wasn't allowed in. Security guards came to get me away from her room, but I...I umm got out of their grasp and ran in and s-saw her. I saw Lucy, looking, she looked almost...lifeless." By now I knew that I couldn't explain anything else. I looked over to the others, Dylan had sunk into a chair next to me, the others looked like they had frozen.
"W-what?" Kaya mumbled, sitting on the floor. Tears glistened in her eyes, and I could tell that they would fall any second. Tears poured down Dylan's face, and tears welled up in Will's and Ki Hong's eyes.
"I have known her basically all my life. She was the only one there for me when we were younger." Will mumbled, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

We just sat there for ages, in silence. No one had the energy to talk, well I didn't. I felt weak, and had no energy to do anything except breathe. All I could hear was the loud ticking of the clock. Every minute felt like eternity. I had no clue for how long we had been here for, since I didn't check the time when we got here. We could have been here for hours, or only a few minutes.
"Mr Sangster, we need to talk to you." A voice said, breaking the silence. We all looked over the source of the sound, a doctor. This couldn't be good. Unsteadily, I stood up and slowly walked over to him.
"Please follow me." He said, walking down the corridor.
"Wait, what about us?!" Dylan protested, standing up. But Kaya placed her hand on his shoulder, holding him back.
"Just let Thomas go for now." She whispered. I followed the doctor, and he led me down long white corridors. The only thing heard was the echoes of my footsteps. The doctor suddenly stopped outside a room. Where Lucy was. I took in a trembling breath, and turned to face him.

"Mr Sangster, I am afraid that your friend, Miss Smith, has suffered from some serious head injuries." My heart felt like it had stopped beating.
"What? Is she....is she going to be alright?" I mumbled, looking the doctor in the eye, as if pleading.
"Well at the minute she is in stable condition, but I am not completely sure. We will run some more tests on her in the morning and let you know. But that wasn't the only thing I want to talk to you about."
"What? What's happened?" I asked. I already felt the tears begin to pour down my face.
"I am sorry to say this, I really am, and it will come as a shock to you, but that isn't the only thing that has happened to Miss Smith. She has gone blind in one eye."
___________________________

A/N I am really sorry that this chapter is so short, I just wanted to get that bit over with. I'm sorry that I had to do that to Lucy, and I'm not saying if that will be the only thing, but I really didn't want to write it! But I had to...so sorry guys...

Oh yeah and sorry, I CANNOT write emotional scenes and people's feelings, but I tried my best.

- MazeRunnerNewt01