Chapter 35 - Finally!

Lucy's POV

"Hello, Miss Smith. We have some good news," I quickly looked up from the book I was reading and turned to face the nurse. I could do with good news! "So you have been recovering quickly, and we are pleased to tell you that tomorrow morning you will be allowed to leave!" Finally! I have been here for about a week, and let me tell you this: it has been boring as hell. I have had literally nothing to do. And the worst part is, I ate basically all of the chocolate Bridie gave me in one night...so I've been stuck with the disgusting hospital food.

The others couldn't stay here all the time, and they managed to book another week at the cottage - fortunately the people who would be going there after us cancelled last minute. But a couple of them would come and visit me during the day for company, and one would stay with me overnight. Today Thomas, Kaya, Dylan and Bridie would be coming to see me. I told them they didn't have to come, but I'm so glad they are! They're great company, and I honestly think I would die of boredom if they didn't visit. Since that talk with Dylan the other day, we hadn't been acting awkward around each other, I think we actually became better friends after it. Yeah that sounds weird, but I don't care. We're still awesome friends.

Once the nurse left, I picked up the book I was reading and carried on reading it. I was reading The Maze Runner! No surprises there! I've read it countless times but Emma brought it here for me and I love it so much so I'm reading it again for the millionth time! I smiled to myself when reading it as I pictured the cast as the characters. I'm still not over the fact that I've met them, am on holiday with them, and are great friends with them!
"Hey Lucy! Don't worry, we're now here to keep you company! No need to be bored any longer!" After what seemed like forever, Thomas finally  arrived!
"Hi!" I grinned. Thomas walked over to me and crouched down by my bed.
"And, um just so you know, Dylan told me about the talk he had with you the other day." He mumbled. We were interrupted by Dylan stumbling through the doors and falling smack on his face! Thomas and I looked at Dylan, back at each other, then back at Dylan, before bursting into laughter!
"Oh jeez thanks Bridie! So much for my awesome entrance!" He exclaimed. Bridie then walked in, laughing her head off!
"Wow! Well you are definitely unique!" She laughed.
"Yup! I'm one of a kind! There's no one else like me!" He replied, standing up.

Once they finished their conversation, they both turned to face me, still laughing.
"Oh, well I'm glad we're entertaining you!" Dylan said sarcastically.
"Hey Dyl." I replied, rolling my eyes. "Actually I was enjoying some peace and quiet, reading my book, until you interrupted me!" I held up my book to show them what I was reading.
"The Maze Runner, hmm, well then, if we're not needed here, we might as well go!" Dylan joked, turning around to face the door. He slowly started to walk off. I just looked at him, grinning. But he was walking so slowly! When he finally reached the door, he turned round and said, "Ya know, you were meant to tell me to stay!" He exclaimed.
"Yup, I know. That's why I didn't!" I joked. He walked back towards us, pouting.
"Aw look you've made him sad now." Bridie joked.
"Well, seeing as you don't want me here, you won't be wanting your present." He mumbled, showing me a chocolate bar.
"Oooooo! Well, ya know, if you want to stay, I'll just take the chocolate." I replied, reaching out, grabbing it and unwrapping it. I shared it out between us.

We had almost finished the entire bar, when someone else walked into my room. Kaya.
"Hey Lu- WAIT!!!! You couldn't wait for your awesome friend to come before eating all the chocolate?!!" She exclaimed, looking at the almost finished chocolate.
"Aw I'm sorry! Here, you can have the rest." I replied, picking up the last square and handing it to her.
"Oh jeez thanks. I'm chuffed. You left me an entire square! This is the best day ever!" She said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her and grinned. She shrugged before eating it.
"Anyway, now that you're here. I have some news. I get to leave tomorrow morning!" I grinned.

___________________________

A/N Hey, so sorry that this is a rubbish update. And sorry for not updating all week - I have had so many exams this week and have been really stressed out. So although it isn't a great update, I hope it was alright. Will try to update soon.

- MazeRunnerNewt01