Chapter 8

(Danny's POV)

"Do we finally get a mission Bats?" Wally questions as we all ente the mission room.

"Yes. A rescue mission. Samantha Manson and Tucker Foley are being held by Maddie and Jack Fenton in Amity Park. Your mission is to rescue Samantha and Tucker." Batman announces and I freeze up as Dick turns to face me with a questioning look.

"B-but they-they died. I watched them die..." I mutter at tears sprang from my eyes.

"Robin, what does he mean?" Batman questions as Dick makes his way over to me, reaching me as I fall to my knees. He too goes to his knees to comfort me.

"When Danny was with...them, they had killed Sam, Tucker, and his adoptive sister, Jazz, right in front of him." He explain but I begin to shake my head.

"No...not Jazz. She was killed before I was captured. When I told my parents about me being the ghost boy, they had immediately thought that Phantom killed me and was using my body to help take over the human world. They shot at me multiple times until Jazz..." a few years slipped down my face, "she...um...she jumped in front of my like the protecting older sister she was and was shot in the heart. A few days later she went into a coma and a few weeks later, died of a damaged heart causing weak blood flow to her organs, causing them to shut down." I finish and Dick pulls me into a hug. I lean in, not exactly hugging back.

"Robin, take him to the medbay and check for any mental problems and/or serums in his system." Batman says softly and Dick and Wally helped me up and brought me to the medbay with the team following close behind.

-------------------------

(Robin's POV)
While the tests where finallising, Danny slept on one of the beds in the room while Batman and I watched over him.

"This will be your last mission as Robin." Batman says quietly and I nod my head. A while ago, Bruce had thought it would be best if I pass on the role of Robin, seeing as I was eighteen, and became a new hero, Nightwing.

"What should we tell the team?" I question, turning my head to face my mentor.

"That there will be a new Robin but Nightwing is still you. Just not you you." I laugh.

"Always hiding our identity to the team." He smiles a small smile.

Ding. The machine announces and Batman walks over and looks on the screen connected to the machine.

"Just as I thought." He mutter and I walk over to him. "They injected him with some sort of serum to obey and believe anything they told him. He should be fine in a couple of hours. But also, he's getting worse. Pretty soon he will start feeling the effects of destabilizing and will want to know what's wrong, as will the team." He explains and let's out a sigh.

"I will tell him when we get back, assuming you still want us to go on the mission." I tell him.

"Yes, I think seeing his friends might help bring back the light perminetly that he has in his eyes when he's with you. He just looks broken and lost when he is with anyone but you." He tells me and smiles. I smile back and exit the room.

"He will be fine. But we still have a mission to complete. Let's go." I tell the team and we leave for Amity.

-------------------------

(Batman/Bruce's POV)
As I watched over Danny, I can't help but marvel over what this young boy has accomplished in just a few years. He's done more than Dick has and that honestly surprises me. And I'm not surprised easily. He became a halfa, immediately has to save his town with no training in fighting or using his abilities, kept his secret from everyone, including his parents, and then had to go through his parents not accepting him, his sister dying, and then him being captured and tortured and dissected for four years. He has gone through so much in so little time, I am proud he is still fighting. But now, he's laying here dying because of his own parents who watched over him since he was young.

"Sad isn't it?" Someone says from behind and I turn around to see Flash.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"After all he's been through he is finally with his brother and now he's dying." Barry says.

"How do you know he's dying?"

"I may have looked in his files that you are putting together for him." He says with a small smile.

"Of course you did." He laughs a little. "To answer your question, it is sad. I just wish I knew what to do to save him." I sigh.

"Maybe I can help." A soft voice calls behind us and we both turn around to find a sixteen year old girl with white hair and green eyes like Danny in a black jumpsuit with silver gloves, boots, and belt. In her hands lay a small vile of a neon green liquid.

"Who are you?" Barry asks

"I'm known as Clockworks Apprentince but to Danny, I was his sister, Jazz." He says and slowly makes her way to Danny's side.

"Who is Clockwork?" I ask.

"My mentor who was like a father to Danny. He's the ghost of time. He doesn't really help other ghosts but somehow he has a soft spot for Danny and I." She explains. "In this vile here is the cure for Danny's distabilizing. You need to inject it into his bloodstream and then in an hour or two, he will be fine. Though in those hours, he's will be weak beyond weak so you need someone to watch over him until he is fine." I walk over to a a cabinet and pull out a needle. I make my way over to Jazz and she hands me the vile. I then put the substance into the needle and inject it in the young boys arms, hoping she is right.

"Thank you." I tell her and she nods before disappearing.