Chapter 2 | Winter P.O.V

I hate him.

I hate him with every ounce of hatred in the very darkest reaches of the pit of my soul.

That's some pretty deep hatred right there, but at the same time, there was something else...

I wondered if I could sell him as a slave. Doubtful, seeing as he's a person, and that's considered cruel, also he's completely useless.

I walked away, after realizing the only place I could go was across the room. So, to avoid looking like I hadn't planned things out well enough, I sat in one of the understuffed chairs, folding my arms over my chest.

Mike or whoever stared at me, as if unsure what to do next.

I glared at him. "What. Do. You. Want?"

He avoided my gaze.

Salt. I wish to throw it in his eyes.

We just stared at each other for a bit, with what I thought was burning hatred.

Suddenly there was a loud crash. There was voices.

"He's in here!" They said. It was the S.I.S.

We had to get out of here, those guys were sent by the president, who has bad intentions. Not to mention that they were extremely dangerous.

I grabbed my backpack, and shoved a few items into it, I also grabbed Mike's backpack.

I quickly untied Mike from the chair, and practically dragged him to the end of the train car, where there was the beginning of a tunnel - a wormhole, but not a portal - that I had dug. We crawled through it until there was enough head room to run. We heard the S.I.S. Crashing through my belongings before the tunnel widened.

I didn't think my legs could carry me any farther. I kept persevering, however. But how much longer could I keep up that pace? Not much longer. I just had to keep it up a bit longer. I had been told that when your body is telling you to give up, is still has so much more to give. I was going to test that theory.

Mike nearly tripped. I yanked his arm and sped up, going at a full sprint now. Not much farther to the end of the tunnel.

It was pitch dark. I couldn't see an inch in front of my face. Soon, I gave up with dragging Mike along and let go of his wrist. I began feeling my way down the tunnel walls. Mike followed silently, finally understanding that he needed to keep up on his own.The sounds of the S.I.S guards' boots was growing even more faint. Maybe we were going to make it.

Then Mike spoke.

"Win, I feel something wet and squishy!"

Ew. "Mike, be quiet," I hissed.

"It feels like jelly!"

I kept my voice in a hushed tone. "Mike, that's gross."

I turned to Mike and nearly screamed.

Half of his body was in some sort of grey, swirling light. The portal type thing floated in the middle of the tunnel. It looked as though Mike had been cut in half. What on earth was that?
I didn't get much time to think about it. The footsteps were getting dangerously loud. In the time I'd wasted staring at the weird vortex, they had caught up to us. We couldn't possibly outrun them now.

An idea popped into my head. "Mike, can you go through that fully?"

"I don't know..." He stepped further, and was sucked in like he had been yanked in by someone. I jumped in after him, not waiting any longer.