Chapter 3 | Troy P.O.V

It just stared at me. It's dead eyes bored a hole in my soul. This horse like creature was a monster. An extraterrestrial.

But Ohoh, I would not be beaten. I would remain resilient. I came at it with my best shot, lunging with my life. I stabbed it and ripped it's horn off. After stabbing several more times to be sure it had expired, I knew I was safe. I had vanquished the horse-alien-thingy.

It was then that I stood up. I was ready to keep going, confident I would not be ambushed again.

Then, two others appeared. I was throughly startled, which was probably their plan. They emerged from a grey swirl of light, falling to the ground. I screamed, which in retrospect was not the best evasion tactic. They were quite....odd looking for aliens. Much different from the other one I'd recently killed.

Then I realized why. They were humans. A boy and a girl.

The blonde girl looked up. "Salutations, fellow homo-sapiens," I greeted. She didn't seem to like this. She yelled, and tossed a nearby rock at me. It turns out, she's a thrower. I've encountered many like her, most of which who were very unpleasant.

"You're an S.I.S!" She yelled. She got up, pulling a crossbow out of a bag. She had it pointed at me and loaded in record time. "And you just killed....a....what even is that?"

The boy watched, standing up as well. "Winter...." he began.

The girl, Winter, hissed at him. "Shut up, Mike."

I decided now would be when a little explanation would help things along. "Hello. I am Troy. I know what this looks like--"

"You mean you killing something?" Winter snapped. She was also a snapper.

Before Winter could continue, the skinny boy, Mike, spoke again "Listen, Troy, who are you?"

"Troy is eighteen years old, Troy is fighting against extraterrestrials, Troy has green hair, Troy is a male human being, Troy is-"

"Okay, but, what are you doing? Are you an S.I.S.?"

"No, silly human, I suspected they were aliens so I investigated, then I found this foul beast" I gestured to the corpse on the ground.

"This guy is broken" Winter said.

"I can assure you, I am fully intact" I informed the child.

"Creepy" she shuddered. Then she turned to Mike. "Are those guys after you?" She told him, clearly talking about the S.I.S.

"Well, they might be..." He wondered.

Boy, this guy is an idiot.

"What do you mean they MIGHT be?!" She raised her voice.

"Well, I mean, I'm totally addicted to breaking rules or whatever, so maybe they think I'm too much of a rebel to be wandering the streets" Mike said nervously.

"Quit the macho act" Winter snapped. "Why won't you tell me who you really are?!"

Mike looked at the floor.