The Big Game

Sixth year was when Harry and Hermione really started to like each other. If you looked close enough, you could see them starring at each other during class, staying up late together, and laughing at things that weren't even funny.

Today was the day of the game that decided who won the Quidditch cup. As the sun rose, students came into the common room to find the Quidditch team members pacing the floor.
~
Hermione plopped down next to Harry, who was sitting by the fire. "Hey," she said, opening her book. Harry didn't respond. "Are you ok?" She asked. "I'm just nervous," he replied sternly. Hermione smiled lightly. "You're probably hungry. Just go down and get some breakfast-" "I'm not hungry!" Said Harry suddenly. Hermione bit her lip. "I was just trying to help," she mumbled under her breathe.

Hermione spotted Ron walking down the staircase. She closed her book and walked over to him. "Hey, Ron!" She said, desperately hoping he didn't snap at her. "Oh!" He said, as if he had been snapped out of a trance. "Hey, Hermione." Hermione smiled at him. "Do you want to go down and get some food?" She asked. He shook his head. "I don't think I really-" "Come on!" He said dragging him towards the portrait hole.

When they got to the great hall, Ron was greeted by many pats of the back from Gryffindors and snarls from Slytherins. Sitting in front of him was a huge meal. Ron just sat there. Hermione frowned. "Sorry, I knew you shouldn't have been able to eat." He shrugged. "It's ok. You were only trying to help." Hermione felt like that was a silent win for herself. A few minutes later, Harry sat down next to them.
He barley touched food, not saying a word.

Ron suddenly pushed his plate in. "That's it, I'm resigning. After this match, Cormac can have my spot." "Ron!" Said Hermione. But Ron suddenly become very preoccupied with Luna Lovegood, who had a giant lion on top of her head. "It's just the nerves, all you need is a bit of luck. Is that why you slipped something in his drink, Harry?" She asked. Hermione whipped around towards him, and caught the glow of Felix Felicis.

"Absolutely not!" Cried Hermione. But Ron smiled, and downed his whole glass with one gulp. "You could be expelled for this!" Said Hermione. "I don't know what you're talking about," said Harry back.

Ron looked like he'd just been hit by a bus. "Come on, Harry. We've got a game to win!" He said, and Harry smirked, following him out of the Great Hall.
~
"You'd think they could make more comfortable seats," Hermione said to Pavarti as they sat down in the stands. The Gryffindor team was just exiting the locker rooms. "You'd think they could also give us earplugs!" She shouted, and Hermione laughed. Moments later the Slytherins arrived, and Harry shook hands with the Slytherin captain.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle, and they were off. Hermione had a somewhat idea of what was going on, but the only time she was actually ok at playing was when she went down the practice last year with Harry.

Harry, who was circling the pitch, caught her eye and smiled at her. Hermione waved back enthusiastically. Hermione was so distracted that she didn't notice the score was now 40-50, Slytherin leading.

"Come on, Harry!!" She screamed, but her voice was lost in the deafening roar of the Gryffindors. Harry was trailing after something... The snitch!

He swooped down, and in one swift motion had caught the ball. "GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Yelled Madam Hooch, and the Gryffindors exploded in joy. Suddenly, everyone was pushing and shoving one another to get down onto the pitch.

"Let's go!" Said Pavarti, tugging on Hermione. Hermione sighed, moving with the mob down the steps. But she was glad she went down when she did. It was the most joyful atmosphere in the world. Members were being hoisted up, people were hugging and laughing. Hermione searched through the crowd and saw Harry, surrounded by people. "Harry!" She screamed.

Harry turned around and beamed at her. She ran as fast as she could towards him to give him a big hug. Suddenly, as soon as Hermione was close enough to touch him, she was dipped down, and Harry kissed her on the lips.

She was so surprised she didn't even know how to react. When Harry pulled her up, she just smiled and enclosed him in a hug. There were people cheering all around them. When she pulled back, Hermione laughed. "Congratulations!" She said.