Chapter Sixteen

Third Person P.O.V

Harry and Draco were discharged from the hospital with a clean bill of health. Neither of them needed pain meds or their oxygen tanks. However Draco was given an inhaler in case he had a hard time breathing. Severus and Sirius helped them get settled and then left them to be alone.

"So you're moving back in?" Draco asked hopefully. He was lying on the bed as Harry pulled Malfoy out of his cage and he crawled on to his neck.

"Of course, we're good now right?" Harry asked and Draco looked at him.

"I don't know, is everything good with you?" Draco asked. Harry sat at the edge of the bed and lied himself down. Malfoy crawled onto his chest and Harry let out a deep sigh.

"I think so." Harry nodded. "I- I do trust you and I'm ready to get married."

"But there's something the matter." Draco pointed out. "And don't lie to me. Tell me what you're thinking and we can work through it."

"I'm just scared." Harry admitted. "I told Rodger about it and I was gonna talk to you about it but then we were shot and I couldn't." He moved so he lying next to Draco.

"Well why didn't you mention it in the hospital?"

"Because I really do want to marry you. I can't imagine my life with any other person." Harry said. "I don't know what I'm scared of it-"

"I'm scared too Harry. I'm scared that this won't work out. Getting married I mean. I'm scared that married life would change us and we'll drift apart. I'm scared th-" At this point Harry cut Draco off by kissing him. Draco forgot all his worries and kissed Harry back. Given that they both needed to be cautious of their breathing, the kiss was slow and passionate. They pulled away and Harry grinned.

"We'll just have to make it work. I love you so much Draco and I would do anything in my power so I don't drift apart from you."
"I don't want to drift apart either but for awhile it seemed like we were and I didn't like it at all." Draco was practically crying at this time so Harry snuggled closer to him.

"Draco, you're always telling me to talk about my feelings when you don't open up to me." Harry gently started stroking Draco's hair. "How long have you been feeling that we were drifting apart?" When Draco didn't answer Harry sighed. "Drake."

"For a year. You'd visit Cedric and I'd be here all by myself. Like I said, you needed the closure and that's why I didn't say anything. But deep down I felt you only visited Cedric because you liked him still and I can't lose you." He blurted out in one breath. Tears fell from Draco's eyes as he took a trembling sigh of relief. Harry's grip tightened around his fiancé and he kissed his forehead gently.

"Draco, I'm sorry that you felt that way but no, I am in no way attracted to Cedric, sure I dated him but I only have eyes for you." Harry explained. "I went to see him because he's a scared little bonehead kid who needed a friend." Harry took a deep breath. "But I was wrong not to talk to you about it because I didn't know it would affect you in such a big way." Draco mumbled something so Harry continued. "I would have felt the same way if you saw Blaise."

"I don't think I would want to see him after what he put you through."
"But Cedric put me through just as much." Harry realized and sighed. He brushed a hand through his hair. "God, I'm sorry Draco. I mean I did not like Blaise at all because he was dating you when I wished I could. But I was his friend because you were dating him and he is someone I should forgive, not Cedric." Draco finally looked up from Harry's chest and shook his head.