Haydon Veneziano

Haydon

There was a strange pull I felt as my bike passed the Drackon mansion. It was the same pull I had been feeling for the past week, and it was the same pull that was driving me crazy and led to me being sent here in the first place. I broke suddenly and got off of my bike, my feet carrying me closer towards the intimidating mansion. At first I thought about ripping the gate from it’s hinges and then walking in.... not suspicious at all. And so, deciding that I’d rather not wake one of the most important hunter families up, I began to climb over the high mansion walls. I was probably acting like some crazy rampaged vampire breaking and entering into a well respected hunter family! There was no doubt that tonight I would probably end up in jail...again.

Slowly I followed the scent... her scent around the yard until I reached a high wall with a balcony. Her room. I climbed up the wall swiftly and climbed over the balcony fence, gracefully landing on my feet.
There she was, sleeping as peacefully as could be. Her long, far hair shone in the pale moonlight, glistening like black silk. Her light brown skin looked soft, delicate and it invited me to gently stroke a finger against it.  I sniffed in her scent of rose petals and chocolate and... Hunter. The smell was so deceiving, I almost didn’t pick it up.
She was a hunter! I had developed a small crush on a hunter! This time I was sure to find myself in a fate of death. The question, however, was who was she? A friend of theirs? A cousin maybe? I hoped that she was not a close relative of theirs or else we would have a big problem. Loving a hunter was illegal to both hunters and vampires. If you were found guilty, you would be publicly executed with your partner. Now loving a relative of a Vampire Leader... that would just be suicide for the both of us... Wow Haydon, you’ve really gone insane this time! This is way worse than the time I killed an entire village of people!

I gave her peaceful self another glance and then decided that I couldn't bear to see her suffer like that... even though I had just met her. Slowly I placed my hand against the glass sliding door and felt her warmth radiating off of her. Everything about her was perfect, from her shut eyes to her beautiful full lips and brown skin. She made me feel a feeling that I'd never felt before... Something foreign, dangerous... Forbidden. It was as though Nothing and no one compared to her.

I turned around and looked at the dark sky. Gentle orange blotches were starting to appear which meant that I would have to leave soon, since the sun weakened and burned me and I hadn't yet taken the tablets for the sun's harmful rays and I would have to start school in the morning.

I turned around once more and stored the picture of her sleeping face in my memory before jumping off the balcony, over the wall and back onto my bike.

I knew I would see her again, I could just feel it...

______________
A/n: the pic at the top is Katerina's axe.

What do you think about Haydon?

Remember:
Vote
Comment
Follow
Recomend!

Thanks for all your support and read my book Catching Light!