Visit from Haydon

Katerina

I sat on my bed finishing the last of my homework. Today had been extremely long, especially since I met Haydon Veneziano. He wasn't like the rumours made him out to be. He was controlled- well until he started staring at my veins. He was sweet- well sweet in his unique way, or maybe I was just blinded by my weird emotions. I couldn't stop thinking of him. Just his smile drove me insane. The potency of the hazel colour of his eyes- no matter how girlish and naive this sounds- made me feel slightly weak to the knee. It was as if just his presence made me weaker and distracted... He was no good for me. No good at all.

My cat jumped on the bed and made low purring sounds. She was beautiful and covered in a shiny coat of pitch black fur and had green dangerous eyes. Yet she was the closest thing I had to a guardian angle. I know it sounds strange, but I thought that my cat, was sent to protect me. Just the way she looked at me, made me feel safe. She slowly crawled onto my lap.

" Hey Night, how are you?" I asked.

Night meowed in return. She slowly drifted off to sleep on my lap while purring in content.

When I had finished my homework I packed my books away and immediately my door swung open revealing my brother Dylan.

" Hey big sister. So I am just going to get straight to the point...what did that stupid vampire Haydon want?" His voice was venomous. Immediately-for some unknown reason I grew protective over Haydon.

" Um what do you have against him?" My tone matched his. I must have looked really angry because he stared at me wide eyed and I put my hand in front of my mouth in shock.

" Sorry Dyl, I'm just cranky. Haydon just gets on my nerves," well I'm not completely lying now am I? He was a bit annoying.

" Um yeah I get it. Vampires get on my nerves too. Well I just came to tell you that mom and dad are home and have invited Haydon over so mom can explain our rules about feeding and behaviour,"

More like so mom can scare Haydon into being a complete angel here in Damselview. I swear my mom could lead the entire world as a dictator. She was a real Dragon of a woman. I sometimes wondered if she wasn't supposed to be a vicious, rampaging vampire.

Then I slowly registered what my brother told me and froze. Letting it all sink in slowly.

"He's coming here...right now?"

"Actually... he is in the lounge right now," Dylan smiled reassuringly.

I froze again. Damn it.

"Um and he is asking for you..." Dylan said.

" So that's why you came here?" I asked... Okay I yelled it out.

" Please he is so annoying and terrifying. I mean nightmare terrifying, like even-worse-than-mom terrifying. Just come downstairs," he whined. He might have been taller but he was still my whiny little brother.

I sighed, "give me a few minutes, and tell his royal highness to keep his fangs under control," I said.

" No way, I'm a strong, tall guy but Haydon could kill me just by slapping me once. That guy is a beast," Dylan said.