Chapter 29

Soon enough the rest of the year went by like that. She would go out with niall twice or three times a week, go to school, hang out with maddy and the gang and come back home. They all had gone home for the holidays maddy insisting hailey came along, but she preferred to stay with her parents. Connor had come by for christmas till new years so she wasn't alone for much time. After he left she had stayed home and taken some time out for herself.

She went out to the salon and had cut her hair into layers, done her eyebrows, and for the first time in years got a manicure.

She missed niall a lot, they were hanging out quite a lot, so it was weird not being with him.

They all stayed till the mid of january but maddy came back a little after new years , since they had school.

"okay i am in love with the way your hair looks"

"thank you, i tried"

"you tried and you succeeded"

"so how was england?"

"it was great, me and my mom are closer than ever, it was hard to be without my brother around the holidays, but i got through it. me and harry went to a lot of romantic places and it felt amazing"

"awww so glad you had fun especially with harry"

"thanks love"

"have i ever told you that occasionally i laugh at half the things you say just because of your accent" they both laughed at hailey's random comment.

"i figured, after the last time i talked to you on the phone and you laughed when i said i just boarded the plane"

"dude your accent is just awesome!"

"well more on you. Niall went on and on bragging about you to his mum, i mean we all did, only because we have never let anyone into our circle so our moms would ask but he just didn't stop" Hailey blushed.

"his mum" i love your accent, okay im done laughing but that is so cute, hes so cute!" hailey half screamed, half laughed.

"i think you've had too much caffeine today, because you are extra hyper" they laughed and continued talking for a while.

She had no caffeine today, she was just happy. no particular reason, just happy.

+++

Hailey continued vomiting and feeling nauseous for the next two weeks, when her mother took her out to dinner, even then she had to rush to the bathroom and puke everything she had just eaten.

She hadn't felt so good. She was puking a lot, felt really weak, had a lot of headaches and every now and then was clumsy. She ignored it all though saying it must be the flu or something. Her parents were trying to convince her to go the hospital but she felt it was unnecessary.

She was also doing better in school. Monica was teasing her daily as usual but hailey found the strength to talk back sometimes and ignore her.

The guys were coming back today. Hailey and maddy are supposed to pick them up at 5 in the afternoon, it was already 2 and the ride was an hour long, so hailey began to get dressed. She knew she would pick them up, drop them off and go home soon after so she just threw on a pair of light jeans, her white fuzzy socks showing above her black uggs, a black sweatshirt and her coat. Unfortunately it was the middle of january which meant it was really cold.

thank god theres no snow.

She left her hair out, the bouncing waves looking really great.

She met up with maddy and they drove to the airport. when they arrived they waited for half an hour and out they came. They walked over to them and hugged them all an extra long one for niall from hailey.

"I've missed you" hailey blushed.

"I've missed you too niall" they smiled and got into the car.

"you guys must be really tired"

"nope, not at all, we slept the entire ride!"

"how the hell did you sleep that long?"

"hailey. in our heads, when we say sleep time, it's sleep time. if the flight attendant didn't yell over the microphone saying there was 5 more minutes i'd still be sleeping." harry joked.

they drove all having different conversations, soon enough they had arrived at liams apartment and all got out to spend sometime there. They had watched a movie, ate some pizza and talked about everything.

"hailey can you come with me into the hall for a second?" niall whispered into her ear.

They both got up, said "excuse us" and walked out into the hallway.

"look i know i've taken you out on a lot of dates, romantic ones too, and maybe i should be asking you this while a string orchestra plays in the background and we're surrounded by candles in the middle of a beach, but i can't wait." it all came out so quickly.

"what is it niall?" she was already on the edge of her seat dying to know what he wanted to ask.

"um okay, uh, breathe niall. will you by any chance be my girlfriend?" He let out a big breathe he was holding in.

"seriously?" hailey had a huge smile on her face.

"yes?" The fear of rejection was eating him alive.

"yes, yes i will," she stuttered a bit and tried to not show how excited she really was, but he didn't hold back so neither did she.

"yes thank god!" he picked up hailey by the waist and he spin her around as she giggled with her arms around his neck.

He put her down, but she stood there with her arms around his neck, his hands by her waist and before she knew it, he leaned in and kissed her. It was magical, the way a little girl dreams of becoming a princess or a boy dreams of becoming batman, she dreamed of being happy. and that's what he made her. The sparks were flying all over the place, the electricity between them was inevitable.

"i know it's insane but i can't help but falling in love with you so fast." he held both of her hands and stared into her eyes,

"neither can i" They gave each other a hug, he kissed hailey on the cheek and blushed.

They walked back inside hand in hand, getting stares from everyone in the room.

"please stop staring it's weird"

They both sat down on the couch and everyones eyes followed them.

"wut ?" harry said.

"Hailey is my girlfriend" Niall and hailey both blushed at the sound of saying it out loud.

"o my god!!!! yayyy!" Maddy hugged them real tight and they all gave a giant group hug.

some saying congrats, finally, niall you've got a keeper, and congrats again.

"thanks guys means alot" hailey said blushing because her and niall were still holding hands.

Niall and hailey stared into each others eyes, after the chaos died down, they smiled and hailey knew that nothing could break her happiness now.