chapter 4: trouble maker

Ollys POV:

Spending the day with Caroline made me forget all about Francesca, when I'm with Caroline I forget about the world and live for the moment. 

Before we knew it we were sat in a dressing room in Manchester for auditions. Since Simons mums sudden death we had to extend the days of the auditions and since Caroline had to be in Majorca for Love Island she had to leave me tomorrow. We were already in the building but we had to make an entrance for tv purposes so we walked down a red carpet and posed together. Fans were shouting us from all directions but we were specifically told to take photos first for publicity purposes then to see fans. When we got back into our tiny dressing room that we shared Caroline sighed.
"Darlin, what's up?"
"Nothing, it's nothing"
"Caroline you're my best friend, I can tell when your upset from a mile off" I came and crouched by her feet.
"I didn't expect my life to be like this, X Factor is way too overwhelming Olly"
"You've got me, and I ain't going anywhere soon"
"Which is why I'm glad"
"What's the issue then?"
"I didn't expect it to be like this, I miss us"
"I'm right here" I stroked her thigh.
"No the Xtra us, where we messed about, this is so serious and you know me I'm so not serious"
"This is why you're upset? because we can't mess about on camera?" I laughed and planted a kiss in her hair.
"Yes" I could see she was blushing under the 100 layers of foundation they plaster on her flawless skin.
"We mess about all the rest of the time why can't we mess about on screen as well?" she continued.
"I don't know darlin" I stood up and took my seat back on my chair opposite her. 

Auditions were a bore me and Carrie stood on the side talking to the people as the came on and off the stage, it was very repetitive and  lasted all day. However neither of us let on that we aren't loving every minute of it, we were lucky to get this opportunity and no way we're we going to blow it. 

A few weeks later when boot camp was being filmed, we had to be outside all day in the country of course the judges had massive heaters and blankets where we had to stand on the outskirts again talking to people as they came off the stage. While we were having a break Caroline dragged me over to the side to have a cig.
"I thought you'd stopped" I honestly was ashamed of her, we promised to both stop, and I stuck to our word.
"I had but I bumped into Dave when we got back from Majorca and Ols I think it's serious again" she smiled as she took another drag. My heart sank. He had messed her about so many times and I didn't want her to go through it again, well it was that and the fact that I had realised that I had loved her.
"Are you sure Caroline?"
"Yes Olly" I hadn't seen her this happy since she won strictly.
"Doesn't answer my question about this" I took this cig out of her fingers and took a drag myself.
"He smokes doesn't he" she shrugged while smiling.
"Are you sure?"
"Stop mumming me!" She laughed.
"Will do" I winked, I had a fake smile plastered on my face. For fucks sakes.

Seeing Caroline's smile everyday was the only thing that kept me from falling apart (like my love life). However I now realised that her smile wasn't because of me when I said something funny while she was on her phone. It was because of him. Dave. Now she'd told me it was obvious, she kept getting messages and phone calls, she was smiling at her phone. She was in love.

"You sure you don't want a lift all the way home?" I asked while dropping her just past Essex it was weird that she'd told me to drop her anywhere but home.
"Yes Dave is going to pick me
up, I think we're going up north for the weekend" she smiled, time had just hit 9pm.
"It's a bit late isn't it" I suggested.
"Yes but we told them we'd be late so it doesn't matter"
"I don't feel right just dropping you off at the side of the road."
"We'll wait with me then" she got out of the car and lit a cig. I climbed out as well just so we could talk to each other.
"Pass us one" I asked pointing to her packet. She grinned then passed me one with the lighter.
"I though you stopped" she winked.
"When I thought you did" I lit the cig then handed her the lighter back. "But I honestly have to stop, my personal trainer will kill me" I winked back at her.
"Stop then" she shrugged. She'd taken off all the stage makeup off since it was a good two hours drive home and her hair was scraped back into a pony tail. But she still looked beautiful. But she's with Dave.

We had just climbed back into the car when Dave drove up. "Bye Olly thank you for waiting with me"
"Anytime Caz" I kissed her on the cheek.
"Bye" she smiled while closing the car door.
"Bye caz" I replied just before she shut the door. "He's no good for you" I muttered as I watched her climb into his car with a huge smile on her face then them kissing. It was too much, I waved then drove off.

I got home, back to the house me and Francesca shared, it was way too oversized for just me and quite daunting, it had to go on the market. 'I might move closer into London' I thought. Even though Essex is my home it gets boring always driving into London. Living in the city will be so much easier, not to see my parents but I don't see them as much as I should anyway. I turned on my Mac Book, that I got for cheaper in PC world since they recognised me and searched for houses in London, Jesus they had gone up in price. 1.4 Million for a two bedroom flat  in Mayfair. But that's the price to pay to  fall out of love.