05

The trio quickly made their way to the Mystery Shack, not bothering to loiter. Danny was slightly shaken and Dipper was none too happy about Danny's display of ghost hunting ability. The teen still held the thermos tightly in one hand, but the boy refused to speak to him, much less ask questions about the events that took place inside the Dusk 2 Dawn. Nonetheless, he assumed that the couple was long gone, though he wasn't sure about the other ghost. He wasn't even sure where the other ghost came from.

Exhilaration quickly wore off, giving way to the persistent exhaustion that rested just beyond Danny's mind. He shook his head in an attempt to stay awake and take his thoughts away from the boy behind him. He could practically feel Dipper's eyes boring into him.

Wendy, however, was much unlike the two boys. She smiled often and asked questions about the spectacle that had happened not long ago. Danny wished she would stop talking about it, for he wasn't entirely sure how to answer all the questions without giving away vital parts to his long kept secret. He didn't need to give any hints to the preteen behind him, who was already incredibly suspicious. Danny suspected that Dipper might also be a bit jealous of how Wendy acted around him, though he couldn't understand why. It was obvious Wendy cherished the Pines' friendship. Unless he wished she thought of him in a different way, that is.

Upon seeing the old wooden shack, Dipper made a dash for the creaky swinging door that looked as if it was about to fall off it's hinges. Danny's first reflect was to grab at the back of the boy's blue vest, causing him to make a choking sound before falling to the dirt. Drops of blood made trails down the Pines' cheek.

Danny stared down at him. "You aren't going anywhere until we clean up that cut."

With an incoherent grumble Dipper stood, hesitantly following Danny over to the RV. Wendy pulled her phone out of her back pocket and cast a worried glance over at the boys.

"Yo, my dad just broke like, the entire house."

Danny shifted his inquiring gaze towards Wendy. "What?"

"I have to go. Bye, guys!"

Dipper and Danny watched as the red-headed teen ran off, sliding over the front of a car and hopping gracefully into the trees. The eldest of the two opened his mouth to protest but closed it quickly and shook his head. Wendy was quite the character.

Danny ushered the younger boy inside the RV.

Upon entering, Dipper was shocked. The inside of the RV looked more like a lab, with buttons and levers protruding from the metal walls like sticks on a pine tree. A rather uncomfortable  looking seat stuck out from the walls and Dipper plopped down on it, still glancing around at the interior of the vehicle. Meanwhile, Danny pulled a first aid kit out of his suitcase; a large red box containing supplies that helped heal his most common injuries. As he opened the box, Dipper's gaze shifted to the contents inside. His eyes widened at the variety of medical equipment.

Danny, seeing his expression, looked away quickly and focused on the task at hand. "I'm really clumsy," he said coolly, which wasn't a complete lie.

Dipper snorted. "You're not the only one. By the way, you have a little something on your shirt."

The teen looked down and groaned at what he saw. Another shirt, ruined by a blood stain. He cast Dipper an angered glare while pulling out the antiseptic. "You couldn't have told me earlier," he mumbled under his breath.

Dipper tried to ignore the simple fact that Danny didn't seem worried at all, and instead he inquired, "So, what really happened in the the Dusk 2 Dawn?"