01 | snow white in her castle

I love the sky. I love the sun. I love the clouds. I love the moon. I love the stars. I love everything above the heavens.

Lying on the grass filled with flowers, I stare astonishing above. Morning wind of December is so cold here in Philippines. The light is very vibrant and it is reflecting to the thick clouds like a spotlight.

I close my eyes and smile genuinely. Everything is so beautiful. So perfect. I hope, everyday is always like this.

"Look who's here." I hear Mom's voice and I open my eyes that instant.

"It's me, Mommy!" I say and give her a cheeky smile. My Mom sits beside me as I stay lying on the ground.

"You seem so peaceful, child?" She questions, stroking my hair.

"Mm. I love the sky." I reply and gaze upon the clouds.

"Your father and I loves the sky, as well." Says Mom. "That's why we named you after the sky."

"Oh, I see." I nod to her. Shanaiah Khylin Wallace. My Mom and Dad calls me Skhy.

"Such a lovely day." I look at Mom. Her eyes are passionately looking above. I reach her hand and hold it tight.

"You're so happy, Mom." I tell her.

She grins warmly, "Yes, I am indeed."

"Mind to tell me the reason, Mom?"

"I won't mind, Skhy." She answers, "It's because, you're going to have a sibling."

My face brightens to my Mom's announcement. "R-Really?!"

She nods while smiling and brushing my hair. I abruptly sit next to her. "Does Dad know that you're pregnant?" I ask, grinning happily. Excited also. I have always been wanting a little sister, or a little brother.

"Sadly, not yet, Skhy." Mom says and I pout. "But do not tell your father."

I frown to her, "Why not, Mom?"

"Tomorrow, it is Garrick and I Wedding Anniversary." She states, "And I will tell him tomorrow as my surprise gift."

"Ah. I see." I grin and nod my head. "Probably, Dad will be surprised, because I'm going to have a sibling."

"Right, my dear."

I smile sheepishly and lay my head to her lap. "I'm so excited, Mom. I hope nine months will be fast."

"I do too, love." She replies. "And yes, by the way, Skhy." And calls me. "Since it is our anniversary tomorrow, your Dad and I have plans for it. Actually, we will visit a special place."

"So, I will be alone for tomorrow?"

"I am sorry to say, lass, but you will."

My face muffles and wails in low voice. "Mommy! I don't wanna."

"Oh, dear. Please spare us only for one day." She pleads, caressing my head.

I sigh as a sign of understanding, "Okay, then. But where will I stay?"

"Your father have a good friend, he is Niel Twain."

"Niel Twain?"

"Yes, child. We already talked to them and they agreed with it." She tells me, "And you will meet their children–Nate and Nat–you can make them your friends."

"Nate and Nat?" I repeat. "Are they somewhat twins?"

"Oh, yes. And they also has an older brother."

"Okay." I answer, "And Mom, what if they will not like my looks?"

"What's wrong with your face?"