02 | snow white in castle ruins

"How is your day at Nate's house?" My Mom asks me, while Dad is on her side.

"It's nice, Mom." I answer and I'm lying on my bed. Mom and Dad are here with me inside my room, tucking me to sleep.

"That's good, child." Dad says and I smile at him. Dad knows already that Mom's carrying a child, and he is so happy, of course.

They just came home just this day, 8 AM in the morning. I slept at Twain's manor, because Mom and Dad stayed all-night on our vacation house. Then Mom, as well as Dad, visited the Twains the whole day. And we went home this evening.

"We'll leave you now, Skhy." Mom announces and I nod. She bends down and kisses me good night. Dad is next and kisses me on cheeks.

"Good night, Mom and Dad. I love you both." I smile and they turn off the lights.

"Sleep tight, my daughter." They utter and leave my room.

I inhale then exhale, I close my eyes and later than evening, I fall asleep.

Ξ ✿ Ξ

I slowly rub my eyes and face right. It is kinda noisy outside, and that causes me to half-asleep.

I pull my blanket up to my chin and decide to ignore the noises. Maybe, a cat is just running around.

Wait, we do not have a cat!

I open my eyes wide awake when a loud shattering of glass echoes audibly. What's that noise? Right in the middle of night?

Without hesitation, I get off of my bed. What's happening? Mom and Dad should sleeping at this time.

Before I reach the door, someone opens it for me. I thought it is Mom. But change it, a stranger comes inside of my room. Even it is dark, I can clearly see the built of the man behind the silhouette. He is holding a blade, reflecting its shine inside my room.

"D-Dad? I-Is that you?" I stammer as I step back. My heart is pounding so hard.

I am afraid.

I am scared.

The man laughs. His laugh are creepy. He is not Dad. His voice is not alike to Dad's.

I cannot speak. But I need to shout for help. I have to call Mom. He walks near me. My tears start to flow from my eyes.

Save me . . . Just anyone, please . . .

He raises his sword and he is ready to kill me. I need to run. But my feet are glued on the floor.

My chest starts to skip. I'm catching my breaths.

But before he can slash me, I hear a loud bang. At the moment I hear it, the man's head is shot with a bullet. His blood gushes and sprinkles all over my face.

My body shivers and I'm still not moving. He dies . . . in front of me.

"Shanaiah! Shanaiah!" I hear my Mom's calling. She quickly comes inside with a gun on her right hand. She hurriedly grabs me and carries me.

I'm still shocked on what is happening. Oh, maybe this is just a dream. Yes, a dream. Later on, I will open my eyes and then realize that everything is just part of my imagination while asleep.

"Are you all right, Skhy? You're not hurt?" Mom asks while running fast.

"Yes, Mom." I reply and wipe the blood that sticks my face. "Where's Dad?"

"He's there, Skhy. And thank goodness, you're so calm." She says. She continues running until we reach the staircase. I should be calm. This is just a dream.