03 | snow white, miracle, and the sky

I stand up with my father's sword. I need to get out of here.

I start walking. I wonder, where will I go? I feel like a stray wandering in a vast and cruel world. How can I survive this world?

How pathetic I become. When I reach the main door, a number of black cars are outside the house.

Who are they? I can't fight them alone.

Will I going to die this day? No, I will live. But what will I do? Wait for my fate?

My eyes go the a certain car, the door opens and it shows Mister Twain. He runs fast to me.

"Shanaiah, what happened?" and asks worriedly, brushing my hair.

"Mister Twain." I say as I start to cry. I don't know why I am crying. Maybe, I miss Dad brushing my hair and I will consequently miss it.

"Hush, lady." He soothes while wiping my tears with his hands. And that makes me cry even harder. "Where's you Mom and Dad?" He questions.

I just shake my head. I can't answer his question. It's hard to say it, when I still believe that they are still alive.

He sighs and kneels in front of me. He puts his forehead on mine, "I'm sorry. So sorry, Shanaiah." and apologizes with a breathless whisper, "If I only came earlier, this wouldn't happen."

I shake my head. It is not Mister Twain's fault.

"Shanaiah, let me take you home, okay?" He says and I just nod. He carries me and I only cover my face to shoulder.

I don't want to see the light. It reminds me a lot good memories that becomes painful memories.

"Mister Twain," I call for him while he's walking.

"Yes, child?"

"Please teach me how to kill." I say in hurtful tone and clench my fist.

"Are you sure of that, Shanaiah?" He inquires.

I nod full of determination. "I'll hunt for revenge."

I hear the car door opens and he places me in the seat. He grins and pats my head, "Well then." he then approves and added: "Use those burning feelings inside of you to kill for your own good."

Ξ ✿ Ξ

"My sympathies, little Wallace." Mister Twain's wife tells me while leading me to bathroom.

My dress is full of blood, and so as to my skin. Mistress Twain undresses me and puts me inside the tub.

The blood starts to mix with the water and it slowly becomes red.

I look at her, she is giving me a warm-motherly smile. Only if Mom is still alive, she would still smiling like that.

My eyes start to water as I sniff. The ghosts of them are still spinning around my mind.

"Oh, dear." She utters bit hysterical, "Did I say something horrible?"

"No. I'm sorry for worrying you, Mistress Twain." I respond and remove my tears.

"I know it hurts and I understand, Shanaiah." She speaks, "Also, please don't call me that, hija. You can call me Aunt Quinn."

I nod and agree to her. Aunt Quinn starts to soap my skin, and then shampoos my hair. Later that day, I finish taking a bath and Aunt Quinn lends me the clothes of Natsumi.

"Mom said." I say out of my mind. I miss Mom, I can recall all the memories of Mom to Aunt Quinn.

"What is that, sweet lass?"