Day 3

Well...the gym is officially opened once again.

I guess Tracey had left already before I even woke up. I never returned him his guitar.

I went to the storage to check on the badges. I have to have these babies prepared again in case we get a challenge.

I saw the box that contained the gym badges. Ever since I became the gym leader, I take note the number of badges I have given. This makes sure that no underserving trainer gets a badge.

Wait. Why are there missing badges? I'm supposed to have 24 more, but there is only 16 left. What?

Daisy.

"Hey, Misty! There's like a challenger out there." Oh speaking of the devil.

"Have you been giving away badges again?!" I asked.

"Well, yah. I don't want them waiting for the gym to open so I just gave away the badges. I think there were 8 trainers who came." Daisy replied.

"Why didn't you ask me?"

"Because I knew you were gonna refuse. Anyway, there's a challenger who wants to like challenge you." Daisy said.

I left the storage room and went to the battlefield.

I saw a young boy. He had black hair and black eyes. He wore a white and red beanie, blue shirt and jeans, and black rubber shoes. He had an innocent look in his face.

"Hi. My name is Ashton. I'd like to have a gym battle, please." The young boy, Ashton, said.

Ashton. Of all the names.

The next thing you know there is going to be Ashley, Ashmer, Ashlan, Ashtala, Ashty, Asheena.

"My name is Misty. Nice to meet you, Ashton. Say, how many badges do you have?" I asked, trying to shake off the awkwardness I feel right now.

"I only have one. I've just gotten the Pewter City gym badge." Ashton replied.

"Okay. I accept your challenge. We'll have a two-on-two battle." I said.

We went to our respective boxes and Daisy served as the referee.

"The gym battle between the challenger, Ashton, and the gym leader, Misty, is about to begin! This is a two-on-two battle, and only the challenger is allowed to make substitutions. The battle is like over once both Pokémon on either side is unable to battle! Bring out your first Pokémon and begin the match!"

"Staryu, I choose you!" I said.

"Okay...Buddy, I choose you!" Ashton said as he brought out his Pokémon, Buddy, which is a Bulbasaur. I guess it's his starter, then.

"You may have the first move, Ash." I said.

"Um...Miss Misty, my name is Ashton." Ashton corrected me.

Wait...I freaking called him Ash?! Oh no...I better make something quick.

"Uh...it's a nickname. I assumed it was your nickname." I said, trying to cover my slip up.

"Oh. But my nickname is Ton." Ashton said innocently.

"Oh okay." I replied.

"Misty! Stop chitty-chatting with the opponent and get battling!" Daisy yelled.

Right.

"Buddy, use Razor Leaf!"

Come on, Misty. Focus on the battle. You have the advantage here. Well...not in the typing, but who else masters this battlefield?

"Dive underwater, Staryu, and use Psychic!"

Staryu dove underwater and emitted a psychic aura that directly hit Buddy.

It was already down for the count.

"Buddy!" Ton yelled. "Thank you so much."

Yeah...I'll call him Ton. That is his preferred nickname.

"Okay..." Ton said as he brought out his next Pokeball. "Okay...Churro! I choose you!"

Churro...I wonder what kind of Pokémon it is.

"Pika!" Churro cheered.

You've got to be kidding me.

He has a Pikachu too?

Well...Pikachu are not legendary. They are rare, but you can have multiples of them.

This kid. Was this kid paid to mess with me?

No...he can't be. He's an innocent kid. He doesn't know anything about my personal life. He's just a regular trainer.

"Misty! Snap out of it! Staryu is already unable to battle!" Daisy yelled.

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw that Staryu was indeed unable to battle, as shown by the blinking of its gem.

Staryu...I'm sorry. I'm got too distracted that I let you down.

"Okay...Corsola, I choose you!"

"Pikachu, use Thundershock!" Ton directed.

"Use Mirror Coat, Corsola!"

Corsola managed to deflect the hit, and Pikachu took the damage. Even though that was double the damage Corsola would have received, Pikachu is still standing.

"Don't give up, Churro!" Ton motivated. "Use Iron Tail!"

Okay...another Iron Tail using Pikachu?

Churro lit up its tail and managed to hit Corsola. Given that it is a steel type move, it caused normal damage on Corsola. It would have been super effective if it weren't for Corsola's water typing.

When I thought Churro was going to move away from Corsola, it stayed.

"Try using Bubblebeam!" I commanded Corsola.

Corsola fired the Bubblebeams, but Churro looked like it was just taking the attack.

What could Ton be up to?

"Endure the hits, Churro. Now use Thundershock with everything you've got!" Ton said.

Churro released a powerful Thundershock for a direct hit.

Well...that's it for Corsola.

"Corsola is unable to battle. This means the winner of this match is Ashton!" Daisy announced.

Ton cheered for his victory as Churro ran to him to give him a hug. Their joy really reminds me of...

You know...things.

"That was a good battle, Ton." I said as I walked up to me. "You deserve this Cascade Badge."

"Thanks, Miss Misty." He said as he happily took the badge.

After that, he left and I went back up to my room to check on some messages.

I really wanted to talk to Tracey because he left his guitar, but something interesting has shown up in my notifications.

Ash Ketchum has messaged you.

Wait...is this serious?

Ash Ketchum: Hey, Misty. Sorry for not replying. I was gonna reply a few days ago, but then we were in a hurry to get to Serena's Pokémon Showcase. She won, by the way. Anyway...I can't talk right now. We have to get going.

Wow.

At least he bothered replying.

But...he just replied to me saying stuff about Serena?

Well...even though he talked to me, the countdown is still on.

--

Ashton is an OC. He is not Ashton Kutcher. He is not Ashton Irwin.

He is just some random kid named Ashton.