Forty-one: scores and master plan

Stiles' P.O.V:

At times like this, I always start to look back in life. Last months had been crazy. I just came to accept my best friend is a werewolf and my girlfriend a nymph.

But now I have to sink in something a lot bigger than that: everyone's lives will be in constant danger from now and until bad people disappears from Beacon Hills forever, including Allison's family.

I think she's amazing, but her relatives really aren't. It'll be best for us if her grandfather could just go away.

There's nothing less important than a stupid lacrosse game right now. Besides, I think it's the best time for Gerard to use Jackson to kill a poor player on the field. Right now I thank God I'm not playing because I'm not feeling like dying tonight.

Gathering my stuff, I close the door of my car and walk towards the locker room. When I called Emma earlier, she said she'd be there.

As I get closer, I find her outside the room talking with Melissa.

"Hey, Stiles," Scott's mother smiles at me.

"Hey," I greet her back.

I kiss Emma on the lips as we excuse ourselves to go inside. I find it funny that Emma is basically part of the team.

We listen to Coach's speech from The Independence Day, which we know by heart by now, and then, Gerard speaks.

I don't know what his plan is, but he needs to be stopped immediately. He says bullshit about supporting our team and then; he benches Scott.

Without Scott playing, Jackson has full freedom to kill whoever he wants in the darkness of the lacrosse field. I start to get worried, because I don't want anybody else dying.

However, from my spot in the bench, there's nothing I can do.

Emma and I sit together; this time's different though. I feel like my relationship with Emma had been damaged lately. Ever since we found out about Jackson, we aren't fine anymore. I'd like to fix this badly.

How can I blame her, though? Her dad is leaving, she almost dies-twice- and I haven't been the best boyfriend ever.

If only I could let her know how much I love her...well, that's something for me to work on.

Her hand looks for mine and I smile at her.

"What?" she asks.

"You have beautiful pinkish eyes," I tell her.

She closes her eyes for one second and as she opens them again, they turn to their beautiful original blue.

Before she can answer me, Scott joins us.

I feel Emma relaxing beside me. I love that she feels secure when Scott's around. Not that she doesn't feel secure around me...anyways, my point is that I love the fact that three of us are still best friends and will be till the end of the world.

"Is your dad coming?" he asks me.

"Yeah, he's already here," I answer, pointing to my father and Mellissa a couple of metres away from us.

Emma and I feel Scott really nervous. "Have you seen Allison?" he asks Emma this time.

"No, have you seen Lydia?"

"Not yet."

"You know what's going on?" Emma asks again.

Same answer from Scott: "not yet."

"Is going to be bad, isn't it?" I dare to ask. Scott doesn't answer. "I mean, people screaming, running for their lives, blood everywhere..."

"Looks like it," Emma answers instead of Scott, voice barely coming out of her mouth.