Twelve: supernatural and abomination

Emma's P.O.V:

I wake up feeling wonderful. That's until I open my eyes and find myself in a hospital bed with Jessica and Stiles talking at the end of it.

Jessica is the first one to notice me; she comes for a hug and asks how I'm doing. I answer that I'm fine and that I don't even remember why I'm here.

That's when she decides to leave us alone, for which I suspect something really bad happened.

Stiles leaves a sweet kiss in my dried lips before scooting into the bed with me; then, I remember. I remember that creature using the jeep as a killing weapon and I remember it going after me.

What I don't understand is why I'm not dead or terribly in pain. I quickly lift my shirt up: nothing. Not even a single scratch.

I touch my arm, where Peter's scratch should be; gone. I actually feel my skin softer than it has ever been.

Fear washes over me as I look at Stiles, who seems really nervous.

"Please tell me Derek didn't come over and bit me."

He weakly smiles as he says, "Derek didn't come over here. But Deaton did."

"And?" I urge. He sighs loudly, preparing himself to explain what happened.

"Emma, baby; you'll never believe me."

Three hours later I'm able to get out of the hospital. First thing I do is going straight to Deaton to surprisingly find the 'open' sign. Stiles walks beside me and doesn't say a word. He was right; I didn't believe what he said.

I wanted to, so bad. But this was insane.

"Deaton, what the hell?" I don't even bother to knock. "You turned me into some pixie? How did you even do that? What am I supposed to do? Fly all over Neverland? By the way, thank you for saving my life, but you need to explain."

Deaton laughs, reclining himself over the metallic table.

"You're not a pixie, Emma. You're a dryad."

I have to lean into Stiles, because I'm feeling dizzy again. He wraps his arms around me and I calm down a little.

"How did you do that? Turn her into a nymph?"

"You guys know what dryad means?" Deaton asks us. I don't get how Scott can hold regular conversations with him; he makes us think instead of just telling us.

"Sure," I answer, I used to love myths when I was a kid...and they were just myths. "A dryad is an oak nymph. Her life depends on the tree she lives in."

"Exactly," Deaton answers, looking into his stuff and taking a jar in his hands. "Dryads are described like beautiful women of pale skin and long dark hair, usually with blue eyes.

I freeze at his description of me. "I gave you an injection of this while you were asleep. It's a really old and mythological poison, but it seems like it worked out really well."

"You weren't sure if it was going to work?!" Stiles exclaims.

"I still don't get how it changed me. What is it?"

"This is not a common jar. It's made of an oak from here, Beacon Hills. It's full of its sap. What happened here, Emma, is that these trees are extremely powerful. It brought you to life and mixed with your DNA. You'll grow up and get older like everyone else, but you'll be able to heal really fast and somehow be connected to the nature. And most important," Deaton leaned in to talk to us in a whisper. "You'll live as long as your oak does. If something happens to it, I'm afraid you'll get weak."

Stiles tensed his grip around me. "Where is this tree?"

"Emma will know." Deaton stated.

We thanked him once again and called it a night. My dad was making me attend school tomorrow.

Stiles is sitting in my bed, staring at nothing in particular.

"Stiles...do you still love me?" I sit beside him. He smiles.

"Of course I love you. I'll always love you," he adds, kissing my forehead; sweetest kisses ever.

"Even though I'm some promiscuous creature of the woods now?" I giggle and he accompanies.

"We'll get through this, Emma. At least you don't have to learn how to control it."

"As far as we know."

We stayed awake that night, looking for all the information available about nymphs. It's so surreal to be an actual Greek minor deity. However, what we found wasn't enough.

Even though we did find some interesting stuff.

We decided we'd try out my "powers" tomorrow and that we would ask Scott to join us into the woods. We still need to tell him.

It's just a matter of time until Derek knows too.

And the Argents.

I just hope they don't have anything with Dryads. That wouldn't be cool.

"You're a what?" Scott asks again, as if being a werewolf wasn't weird enough.

"A Dryad; that's how Deaton kept me alive after the monster's attack," I explain in a whisper. "You'll have to take me to the woods. I have to find the tree I'm attached to."

Scott runs a hand through his hair. He opens his mouth to speak but he can't because Stiles rushes towards us.

"I'm sorry about last night. We'll get through it, because I love you. I love you more than...Oh my God! You and Allison need a better way to communicate!"

"At least you didn't have to tell Allison you miss doing the dirty with her." Scott eyes widen and Stiles laugh.

"I didn't tell you to tell her that!"

"My bad." I smile at him.

"Hey, Emma." A boy I've never talked to in my life approaches us. "You look really beautiful today."

"Go away!" I immediately cut him off.

He cheekily smiles before disappearing.

"Emma, you're gorgeous!" This time it's a guy holding hands with another girl. This girl slaps his face and walks away.

"You deserved it for being such a dipshit!" I shrug it off.

"Emma." Yet another one. What the fuck is going on? "I was wondering if you are free tonight...?"

"Whoa, you stop right there." Stiles stands up. "She's got a boyfriend, okay? Yes, dude, she's taken and she's all mine. You don't even look at her, think of her or walk near her ever again because I'll find out and I'll kill you."

Now, jealous Stiles is such a turn on. "That was hot," I admit and he blushes.

"He was hitting on you," he mumbles.

"What just happened?" Scott asks. "It's like you attracted them."

"Maybe it's your nymph aura," Stiles says. "They used to attract teenagers to share their beds.

"That doesn't make sense, I'm not this attracted."

"Because you're fucking blinded by Allison." Stiles rolls his eyes. "And I already love Emma, I don't need a spell to be attracted.

Then Scott says something really interesting about a Bestiary.

"Maybe we can find out about Emma and the thing that attacked her on it," Scott says. "You need to ask Allison about it."

"But we're not telling Allison my condition." I state. "I don't want anyone to know."

"When are we looking for it?" Stiles asks his best friend.

"If we get the information, we'll do it tonight; during the lacrosse game."

- - - -

Here you go, i hope you like Emma being a nymph! I wasn't sure about it but it's the only good thing i found and she doesn't shapeshift. Besides, her oak connection will be hella helpful on season three!