chapter 2: woken up

CHAPTER 2: woken up

beep

beep

beep

beep

What was that noise? I wanted to open my eyes but it felt like they were too heavy for me to do so. I don't know where I was or what happened, but I wanted to find out soon. This beeping noise was getting annoying.

Im not sure what the beeping sound was. It could be a bomb, heart monitor, or anything else. It was very unlikely a bomb would be next to me, so I went with my next guess. A heart monitor. Was I in a hospital? My eyelids started to get lighter. I was trying so hard to move something. Anything. It felt like everything was just tied down so I wouldn't be able to move.

Then, I heard someone come into the room. I desperately wanted to know who it was, and to ask so many questions. "I have been waiting for so long, for a moment like this to happen." The voice spoke. It sounded so familiar, but I couldn't think of who it was. They spoke again. "Maybe now you will forget, what happened. Maybe I can get rid of you somehow. You're such a burden on the family."

Who is this person and why did they hate me so much? I couldn't have done anything horrible to them to make them hate me, could I? Then the voice said, "I have half a mind to unhook these monitors, but I wont so I don't go to jail. I have already done enough crimes. When you wake up, if you wake up, i'll make sure you don't remember anything." Then there were footsteps, a door opening then they were gone. I wish I could remember who they were, but a name wouldn't come to my mind.

I think I twitched my finger. Then a toe. I don't think anybody was in the room. It was really quiet, except for the heart monitor, and the faint sound of people talking from a distance. My eyes were just light enough to where I could flutter them open. Once they were open, I looked around. As I suspected, I was in a hospital bed. My limbs felt sore, but I was slightly able to move. I sat frozen for a few minutes, trying to take in my surroundings.

White walls, white floor, brightly lit room, white sheets, a wheelchair in the corner of the room, a heart monitor on my left, and tubes stuck into my arms. I didn't know what they were all for but I couldn't think of much with this massive headache. The really bright lighting in the room was definitely not helping. Maybe I should call someone in here to help me and possibly explain everything that happened.

I looked around for something, anything, to help get the attention of the nurses. My throat and mouth were too dry to speak. The remote to control the elevation of the bed laid on a night stand. My arm was so weak I almost couldn't grab it, or even lift my arm up for that matter. I realized I didn't have enough strength to hold it so I pushed the red button with a  picture of a cross on it with just about all the strength I had. I was guessing that button meant a nurse would come to help me.

 A nurse came in quickly and checked all the monitors. Then she started asking questions. Great, I thought, more questions for me to answer, when I needed answers myself. "How are you feeling?" She asked while checking my blood pressure. I tried to clear my throat so my voice isn't so cracked. Didn't work at all. "im okay. its really bright in here, and I don't even remember how I got here. The lights are kind of giving me a headache though."

She nodded her head. "That's normal, do you have any body pains?" She asked. For the first time since I woke up I examined my body. I had a cast on my left arm, left leg, and a brace around my neck. Since when were these here? How could I not have noticed them? "No, I don't have any pain, but how did I get here? What happened to me? I don't remember anything."

She looked at me with sympathy. "You were in a car accident that broke quite a few bones and raddled your brain to make you lose your memory. You can remember things before the accident right?" I haven't tried to remember anything, but I guess I could try. I thought about it for a minute. I could remember some faces but no names. The last thing I think that I remember happening was me leaving somebody's house. Im not sure whos house it was though.

"I don't remember much. My name is Isabel, right? and im 17 and have a younger brother." I started to name most of the things I remembered, and the nurse just nodded her head as she let me ramble on. "I have a friend named Ashley, and my brother's name is Tim. I go to Brewer high school, and my parents are Michael and Lisa. Am I right about these things? im pretty sure I am." She nodded her head.

"One minute please. I will go get your father." I nodded and she walked out of the room quickly. I sat there quietly and waited for her to return with my dad. Hopefully he will help me regain my memory. I suddenly got a huge ache in the side of my head. A flashback came to my mind.

*FLASHBACK*

Wow, im glad to be home. LA was so much fun, but im so exhausted from the plane ride. 4 hours was too much to be sitting on a plane with nothing to do. At least I got first class so I could get some food when I wanted it.

I walked my suitcase up to my room, and started to unpack. I guess tim was at his friend's house and my parents were out somewhere because there was nobody home. I finished quickly so I hopped in the shower. I was about half way through my shower, when my bath room door burst open. Oh shit, I thought. Then my dad swung open the curtain and pulled me out by my hair.

"Why the fuck are you back here? You fucking whore!" He slurred his words as he yelled at me. I tried to stand back up but he kicked me back down. "Don't even bother trying to get up slut. Now answer my question!" I looked up at him from my bathroom floor. "Today was the day I come back home from my trip with aunt tina." I said calmly because I didn't want him to get even more furious than he already is. "Who said I even wanted you back? Nobody would miss you if you didn't come back." He slurred the insults. He kicked my ribs 2 more times before he walked out without bothering to shut the door.

He stumbled down the stairs, into his bedroom. No doubt that he was drunk off his ass. I stood up as best I could, but it was a big struggle. I finished my shower to clean off anything I had left on my body. When I got out, I looked in the foggy mirror at my reflection. I had a chunk of hair missing from my head and a huge bruise already starting to form on my left arm and ribs. My head was pounding from hitting the floor so hard. I walked out of the bathroom and looked at the jar of money I have been saving up to go to college, so I could get the hell out of herel. "Just I while longer" I said to myself.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

What the heck was that about? I started to make some connections. That voice was so familiar. Then it hit me. The man who came into my room was my father, and so was the man from the flashback. He abused me? It started coming back to me. More flashbacks came at the same time and it was making my brain hurt even worse than it already did. How could he do that to me? Why haven't I done anything about it? Then the nurse walked in with my devil of a father.

"Hello sweetie." He greeted me. He kissed my forehead. What a fake. Trying to act all nice because we are in public, I had to wait until we were alone to confront him about this so I played along. "Hi daddy!"

He smiled at me. "How are you feeling?" "im okay" I replied. "Should I give you some time to talk privately?" the nurse asked. He turned to her and replied politely "Yes please." She nodded and walked out. "Do you remember anything?" I cocked my head and said "Yes." He wasn't expecting a one word answer so he added, "What do you remember?"

I smirked. "Most things. I know I have a little brother named tim, friend named ashley, got to brewer, am 17, and the nurse reminded me why I was in here." He nodded, "Well that's good that you remember the main things." "Well, lets not forget the fact that you have abused me for so many years. For whatever reason im unsure of at the moment but I remember all the beatings. im sure I will figure out the reason behind it sooner or later. Then when I do, im going to report you to the child protection services."

The look on his face... priceless. It suddenly turned to anger. "I swear if you tell anybody I will kill you. You obviously remember what im capable of so I wouldn't test that, you little bitch. Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to your step mother." Without another word from either of us he walked out. One word stood out to me. Step mother? What happened to my biological mother? That's the first thing I plan on figuring out.

END OF CHAPTER 2

hello! hope you like the second chapter. its starting to get intense! I added a picture of Isabel on the side so go check it out.