chapter 3: new letter

Think Isabel. Think. Why cant I remember this? Lets go back to what I remember before the accident. I told my brother tim that I was going out somewhere then I left. Where did I go? I think it was somebody's house? "ugh!" I groaned. The nurse came in the room. "Is there anything wrong?" I shook my head. "No im just trying to remember some things and it's not working out too well." She went over the monitors and checked them all then turned to me and said, "Well you seen to be recovering very well. Don't strain yourself too much to remember things. The brain is very unique and no two injuries are the same, so you may never regain all of your memory no matter how hard you try. Are you sure you want to remember what happened?"

What kind of a question is that? Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? "Yes, Why wouldn't I?" I asked. "Well sometimes patients don't want to regain their memory because the memory of the accident will come back and it scares some people. Are you scared that if the memory the accident comes back it will be too much?" Was I? I wasn't sure. I mean I really wanted to know what happened but maybe she has a point. What if it is too much for me to handle? I sat there staring at nothing in particular when I said, "I'm not sure, now that you put it that way."

She nodded in understanding. "Well let it come back on its own if it will. And don't hurt yourself trying to remember it." With that she walked out and shut the door.

I guess I will try to sleep it off. All that thinking gave me an even bigger headache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where was I? Who are all these people? I was sitting in the center of a circle of people who were staring right at me. "What am I doing here? Who are all of you?" I tried to stand up but I was tied to a chair. "What the-" "Glad you are finally awake. We've missed you Isabel." A voice spoke. It came from my right. I turned my head and it was a little boy about 10 years old. What was his name? He looked so familiar. "Tim?" The name slipped out of my mouth in a whisper voice. The boy didn't answer he just stared at me. "We have been waiting for you here." This was a different voice.

I looked to my left and this time it was middle aged woman. She also looked familiar. Who are all these people?! There must be at least 15 people surrounding me. This time a hand made contact with my left cheek. I tried to place a hand on my cheek but they were still tied down. I looked at the man that had slapped me. This time I remembered his name. "Welcome back you little shit." My father said.

Biologically he is my father, but I will never consider him a father.

"May I ask what that was for?" I asked him. "Consider it a welcome back gift" He answered.

I didn't say anything else because I didn't want to get hit again. It was dead silent for a moment then a voice spoke. But it was a voice that I didn't recognize it. It sounded like a middle aged woman but she had a lovely voice. She said "I don't think you remember me do you?" She walked out from behind a small group of people.

She didn't look familiar but I had a gut feeling that I knew her somehow.

"Who are you?" I asked She smirked. "Of course you wouldn't know who I am. I mean was." What? I didn't get a chance to ask anymore questions before she walked behind the crowd again. What is going on here?!

"Can someone give me some fucking answers here!? Why am I tied up first of all? Who are all of you? Who was that woman? Why am I here?" I just started rambling questions without even thinking about what I was saying.

Nobody answered me. They just kept staring at me. "What is wrong with all of you?" This time my father came up to me again. "We aren't the fucked up ones here," He slapped me across the cheek once more. "you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to jolt upward but some nurses were holding my shoulders. What the hell? That was a dream? It was so surreal. I was in full out panic mode. I looked at the people around me. 2 nurses were holding my shoulders and one was standing at a distance with my father. "Who was she?! Where did she go?" I started screaming. "Isabel! Calm down! It was only a dream!" The nurse on my right was trying to get me to settle down.

I finally gave in because I was tired and didn't have much energy. I laid back down to catch my breath. "Now Isabel, can you please tell me who you were talking about?" The distanced nurse asked. "That's what im trying to figure out."

With that the nurse nodded and walked out after asking if I needed anything else. My father went with them. Good, I thought, I didn't want him here with me. It would only make me have another panic attack.

For the rest of the day I just sat around and watched tv since the nurses were going to be keeping a close eye on me from now on.

The next morning I had some visitors. Of course I had no recollection of who they were. The only one I could name was Ashley. She came with another girl and a boy.

"Hey." She said as she walked in with them. I smiled at them as they walked in and shut the door behind them. "Hi." They sat around my bed and just looked at me for a second. It was nice to have some company here, it usually got lonely and I wouldn't want my father here anymore if that was possible.

"How are you feeling?" The boy asked. The smile didn't leave my face as I spoke. "Im doing alright. I wish I could get out of this bed though." He nodded in response. "Do you remember any of us?" The blonde girl asked.

I smirked and shook my head. "Should I? Are any of us close?" They all nodded. My mouth made an O shape.

I studied all of them before I said anything else. Im sure I was close because I feel like I have seen them before. But where? School maybe?

The boy was tall and fit with wavy brown hair and green eyes. He was pretty attractive if I must say so. His dimples were the cherry on top of this wonderful man shake.

The blonde was short with straight hair just above her shoulders.She was very pretty too. She had dark brown eyes but they were still beautiful.

"So, what are your names?" I asked. The boy spoke first. "I'm James. We have physics and history together." I just nodded my head and turned toward the girl.

"I'm Tori. We've known each other since 4th grade. I have you in my art class." I nodded again and didn't say anything.

"Of course you already know who I am." Ashley said. We laughed and I said "How could I ever forget."

For a couple hours we sat there and chatted as I started to remember James and Tori better. When they left it just became a normal day. I just sat around like any other day. I have been in here for about two weeks and I couldn't wait to leave.

About 6pm a nurse came in with a letter for me. The address that it came from was scratched out and unreadable. I opened it with caution and started to read it. It read:

Dear Isabel,

You are probably wondering who wrote this letter, but you don't need to worry about that just yet. What matters right now is that you get out of the hospital as soon as possible. You must know the truth. I know you must not remember a lot just yet but I will be writing you a letter every week which you will receive on Saturday. Eventually you will know who I am, but only time will tell. Just know that I am a friend, not a foe. I am only here to help with good intentions. We'll meet again sometime in the future. Get some rest.

Sincerely, Anonymous

This letter has gotten my brain all mixed up now. I had so many more questions to add to the list. This was just amazing. Not only do I not remember a lot of my life but now this stalker wants to tell me things that I don't even know are true. For all I know he or she might want to kill me.

What did they mean by 'meet again'? When have I even met them. If only I could remember all the people I knew closely.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

End of chapter 3!! Hope you liked it, i will try to get another update soon! :)