secrets, secrets are no fun

I honestly don't know where I got this idea from.

Word count: 1827

Trigger warnings: self harm, kinda abuse.

Summary: Dan and Phil have known eachother since they were children. Phil always had this weird feeling where he hated when people lied to him. At different times through out their relationship, he feels like Dan is lying to him.

Phil's p.o.v.

Dan 6; phil 10

"Dan, don't be like that!"

"I'm not doing anything," dan said innocently with a smirk on his lips.

"Youre lying! Stop it!"

"No im not."

I had enough. I ran out of his room and all the way down to the basement where we spent most of our nights. I lived with Dans family, basically. I still went to my other house sometimes but my parents don't care about me, so I stay here.

"Phil wait!" I heard Dan yell.

I didn't want to wait. I locked the door behind me and cuddled up in my massive blanket, letting tears fall. I know it may seem a little over dramatic, but I can't help it. I hate when people lie to me.  It makes me feel worthless, like I'm not good enough to know the truth. And the fact that my best friend thinks that of me is heartbreaking.

"Phil let me in please. I'm sorry."

"No go away!" My voice cracked and he could hear that I was sobbing. He probably thought I was a baby.

"I'm not going anywhere until you open this door. I told you that I'm sorry, why don't you believe me?"

"Because you're a liar."

"No I'm not Phil. I was just joking around. I would never lie to you."

"Really?"

"Really." I stood and went to unlock the door. As soon as I did, dan was on me squeezing the life out of me.

"I really am sorry, Phil. I'll never lie to you again."

Dan: 15; Phil: 19

Dan's p.o.v.

"Dan, why does no one love me?" Phil asked as we laid on his bed.

"What are taking about? So many people love you."

"No they don't. If they did I wouldn't be getting bullied everyday and I wouldn't be made fun of by everyone. I'm ugly and fat and stupid." His words broke my heart.

"Phil why are you saying this? You know none of that is true. Your beautiful and funny and smart. And definitely not fat."

"Dan you know how I feel about you lying to me."

"Phil! Stop it! You know I'm not lying to you. I care too much about you to let you talk down about yourself like this. You may think those things about yourself, but I promise you that you are beautiful to me. Screw all those bullies. They won't matter in 5 years. And chances are they'll end up in jail anyway."

He gave me a small, sad smile. "Thank you, Dan."

I lunged at him and hugged the living hell out of him. "You're beautiful, never forget that."

Dan: 19; Phil: 23

Phil's p.o.v.

"Dan, where have you been all night?" I asked Dan as he walked through the door. "Have you been drinking?" 

"No of course I haven't been, philly." He asked his words slurred and he laughed out loud.

"Why are you laughing?"