Wedding

Standing in the mirror in the back room of the old church, I am looking at myself in a wedding dress. My hands shake with nerves as my mother puts more beads in my hair. My auntie from California; Aunt Vicki Lynn, beams at me in a wedding dress all dolled up.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Cambria." She squeals at me.

I look at myself in the mirror and I did look gorgeous. "Thank you, Auntie." I am still against doing this, but with my ma staring at me like I was a newborn, made me think twice about telling her how I really feel about all of this.

We hear the wedding march start up. My ma shrills, "Oh oh, that's your cue, Cambria."

She pushes me to the door and opens it. I lean forward a little and see the pews full of friends and family from both sides. Feeling nauseous, I stick my head back in and gently rub my tummy to calm the butterflies. My Auntie fixes my train behind me so I won't trip over it and fall flat on my face.

"You will do great, Cambria," She tells me again.

I pull a weak smile as my ma hands me my bouquet of Lillies and Amaryllis and gently nudges me to the beginning of the aisle. The wedding march song turns into a sweet melody and I slowly walk down the aisle. Everyone stands up and beams at me, some whisper, while others smile. I look forward to seeing Fiacre smiling and a tear escapes his eyes. He quickly wipes it away as I finally make it to him and face him.

Pastor Abel smiles at me and Fiacre. I want to smack the smile off his face and tell him and everyone that this is not happening, that none of this is happening. But, everything looks so beautiful. The church looks like something straight out of a Disney movie, even though I am not a huge Disney fan, it looks amazing.

Fiacre and I turn to Abel.

He goes, " Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God and in the face of this company, to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

He smiles at us. I want to turn around and see the people and the look on their faces, but I have to continue to face Pastor Abel.

He continues, "which is commended for being honorable among all men; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly. But reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

I turn to see if anyone would object. I look at Almond and she smiles while shaking her head. We wait for five minutes and no one objects.

"Say your vows, bride first then groom. Cambria repeats after me, please. I Cambria Bayleigh Greer."  

" I Cambria Bayleigh Greer..." I repeat.

" take you Fiacre Amos Ellison," Abel says.

" take you Fiacre Amos Ellison," I repeat.

" to be my wedded husband," Abel says.

" to be my wedded husband," I repeat. You get the idea by now. 

" To have and to hold, from this day forward,"

" for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer,"

" in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish."

" 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.."

" 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."

Pastor Abel smiles and turns to Fiacre. He did the same thing with me to Fiacre. 

"The rings please." 

Fiacre's little sister,  Savannah Jean; 5 years old with her blue eyes and blonde cute curly-haired self, walks the rings to us and holds up the pillow. 

Fiacre winks at Savannah Jean which causes her to giggle, he picks up the ring cases, and she stands by me. 

Fiacre opens the case and I am staring at a three stone pave diamond wedding ring in rose gold with round .70 to .80 court diamonds. I know my diamonds, pa's bought ma loads of them. She even taught me how to tell if they are real or not. He slips it and the wedding band on my left ring finger. I beam at the diamonds on the ring. 

He hands me the case with his ring in it and I open it. It contains a Channel Set Diamond Ring Wedding Band 14kt White Gold 1/4ct. I slip it on his left ring finger. He looks at it and takes my hands in his. 

" By the power vested in me by the state of Texas, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Everyone whoops as Fiacre lands a huge kiss on my lips that I was not ready for. I returned the kiss unconsciously and started blushing like mad.