Chapter 9

Darcy's POV....

I plunged the silver platter into the foaming warm water, and began to wash it. I heard Sebastian enter the kitchen behind me. I noticed that a pile of the day's dishes were next to me. Sebastian grabbed a beautiful bowl and began to clean the rim of it. "I just don't understand you." Sebastian sighed and continued washing.

"What do you mean?" I asked setting down the silver platter and grabbing a tea cup.

"Why would you make a contract with someone so weak and make them strong?" He questioned.

"I saw something in her, even I don't know exactly what it was, but what's done is done and I will serve her till she takes her last breath." I replied

"What about your relationship, she states that she thinks of you as a friend, what do you think of her?" He pressed.

I was surprised by the question. What do I think of her? I asked myself. It was something I had never thought about . I no doubt had a strong connection with her and cared about her, but I never really thouht of her as my friend but as my little sister. I had one before I was turned to a demon and I watched over her and had fun with her much like Alpha.

"I think of her a my alpha as well as my friend, and I will protect her with every drop of strength I have." I said and finished the tea cup.

I felt Sebastian's gaze upon me, and I turned to meet it. "What are you staring at?" I asked.

"Its just the ears, misfit demons are very rare how did you become one?" He asked.

My eyes widened and I looked away. "You don't have to answer if you dont-" He began.

"No, I'll tell you." I cut him off.

"It was a very cold night and I was 17, I was exploring the snow covered forest with my black wolf named Storm. He was the only one I trusted and I loved him as if he were a person. The snow began to fall thicker and the wind picked up speed. I was freezing to death and so was Storm, we had lost our way in the snow. The blood in my leg froze from the raging cold and I fell. Storm huddled next to me and I hugged him tightly. We both died together in that storm and our soles combined into one. I'm not sure how I was turned to a demon though and it has remained a mystery." I explained.

"A rather sad story." Sebastian sighed.

My finger tip brushed my wolf ear, "the story isn't sad, I am forever wih Storm." I said. "I share his thoughts and no matter how alone I feel he is always there."

Sebastian nodded and finished the dishes. " I will show you to your room." He said.

I knodded and followed him. My mind was still fresh with the remembrance of Storm. "Here." He said.

I knodded and entered the room. "Thank you Sebastian, good night." I said.

"Good night Darcy." He said before walking away from my door.

I closed the door behind him and turned to my room. It was very tidy, with a large bed and a dark wood dresser. A mirror above the dresser reflected my image and I scoffed at the dress I wore. I quickly put on my original clothes. I stood up after pacing my boots and suddenly felt like something stabbed my heart. "Ember." I gasped.

I raced out my door and through the hall. My feet were barely visible from my speed. I approched her door and opened it to see her sleeping soundly but Claude stood over her. "Touch her and I will skin you." I snarled.

He smiled and turned, jumping out the window. "What?" Alpha said waking up.

"Nothing Alpha, I was just checking on you." I lied, not wanting her to know of Claude.

"Nonsense, I heard something go out the window!" She remarked.

"Nothing but a bird Alpha, I shall be going now." I said bowing to her and leaving the room.

I turned and shut the door quietly and raced down the hallway and spotted Sebastian ahead heading to the bathroom. "Sebastian!" I called and skidded to a stop in front of him.

"Claude was in the mansion, and he was going to take Alpha, he may be after Ciel!" I explained.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes. "Look over your alpha, if he comes back yell and I will help." He said and ran down the hall towards Ciel's room.

I turned the other direction and dashed towards her room. I opened the door and she sat up when I entered. "Something is wrong!" She insited.

"Yes but nothing I can't handle, just a criminal on the run Ciel will deal with it in the morning." I explained.

"Well I'm going back to sleep." She grunted and turned over.

I stepped back and stood in the darkness and watched over her as she slwpt.

Thanks for watching!