When real life Happens

"Stop!"

"No"

She took in a deep breath as she felt his fingertips reach the middle of her thighs. She couldn't take this fool anywhere. "You need to stop, we're in public". It's not like he cared that they were in the middle of a charity function. Never mind that they were raising money for a charity in the name of the company. He leaned in close to her ear and whispered "I fucking love you" and discreetly flicked his tongue inside her ear. A glimpse of what was to come after the gala.

"You have no manners" she chided once they reached the apartment. "Do you just not think when it comes to these things." she asked, now barefoot now that she had removed the nude Louis Vuitton's from her feet. The cold hard wood soothed her soles as she stared at the handsomely rugged man in front of her. He gave her a mischievous smirk as undid his tie as he approached her, clearly unrepentant of his actions. "Mike..."

"Yes?" he answered. He knew that she knew that he did not intend to stop these little games. He loved watching the gasp that spewed from her lips every time his hands reached her middle.

"From now on," she asserted "I'm wearing jumpers".

"Oh, Come! On!"

"Damn it!" Laura grunted to herself.

"What?"

"I forgot my roller-set"

"You forgot your what?"

"Forgot my roller-set"

"Your what?"

"Roller-S...."

"Forget it".

Now what was she supposed to do. She hadn't made an appointment with the hair salon and her roller sets were the supposed to save her through the week. "You know..." Mike said, jumping at the opportunity. "This wouldn't have happened if your roller set was here like the rest of your things." He'd been pressuring her for months about it and she was scared. After all, the man was a man whore. She didn't want a few months of dating cloud her judgement and let her think that this was some kind of Cinderella story. "You practically live here anyways," He egged on. "Besides, it makes no sense to pay for an apartment you're not staying in." But that was the point wasn't it. She didn't want to give up her apartment in case she needed to live in it again. She didn't know when he would freak out about his non-bachelor status and possibly pull a Nathaniel. Although those two are very much happy now. Would they even end up together in the long run of things? But at least Leila had her place to go back to when things hit the fan. He had a towel around his waist since he had just finished stepping out of the shower. Water dripped from his tone triceps and she absolutely loved looking at this man. And to think, just a year ago, she didn't even want to give him a second look. He was everything she had wanted, only just not how she had imagined.

As he changed into his plaid pajama pants, she knew he was waiting on an answer. An answer she just could not give yet. "I should just bring more of my stuff here." Mike threw his head back in exasperation,

"Whatever" he answered and walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"I need a smoke and some fresh air."

"You don't smoke!"

"Well, sometimes Laura You make me wanna!" He expressed and slammed the bedroom door. It wasn't fair to him, she realize. But she just wasn't not ready. Of course she loved him, she knew that. But why was she so resilient on keeping her apartment. Any other woman would have been thrilled that her boyfriend is practically begging her to move in.

She walked to the living room to find him reading one of many books she had but practically demanded for him to read as part of their relationship. BREATH, EYES, MEMORY is one of her all-time favorite novel. The immigration story of a young Haitian girl, the novel hunts and unravels her demons. This was his second time reading it, she figured he liked it as well. "Danticat tonight?" she asked. He looked up from the couch from the lenses of his classes. His jaw muscles flexed and he held her gaze. She could tell he was still mad but she had the sudden urge to jump on the couch and nuzzle her face in that cream colored cashmere sweater.

"As required" he responded, his jaw tense. She sighed.

"Michael"

"Laura"

She walked over to the couch and removed the book from his fingers. "You don't have to read these books if you don't want to"

"But it is highly suggested that I do"

"Michael!" she knew he did not mean any of it. She watched him get entangled in these stories as much as she had been the first time that she had read them. "You know that isn't true. Besides these are critically acclaimed books by notable authors"

"Is that why they all seem to tackle race issues"

"I just think it's something that is important to tackle."

"When it comes to us" he asserted

"Not necessarily, but it wouldn't do us any good if we ignored it."

"Is that why you won't move in with me" He demanded eye contact on this question

"I am already living here"

"Really? Is that why sometimes you have to leave in the middle of the night because you forgot one your black girl products" she giggled

"I'm not fucking laughing Laura" and she swallowed a gulp. He was getting impatient with her stalling

"I'll bring the rest of my stuff in tomorrow afternoon."

"Good" He responded as he grabbed the book back from her and opened it to the marked page. Yet, she wouldn't have none of it. She wanted him tonight. Ignoring his intention to read, she kissed his earlobe which resulted in him initiating a low moan.

"Don't play with me girl, don't tease daddy"

"But I wanna play with daddy"

"Fuck" he grabbed her waist and helped her climb on top of his waistline.

"You know if I have all my stuff here that makes me wifey right." she said with a giggled as she removed his sweater. He smirked.

"Shit, I've been trying to make you wifey baby girl."

*** Ha! I was bored. And i have so many messages from you guys** Can't promise anything but will see. 

This will be a short one. xoxo