Chapter One: Counting Down the Days

Her eyes darted between the hallways in the Cullen House. She had to find Renesmee. "Renesmee," She breathed, knowing that her daughter would hear her. Bella also knew someone else was listening.

Bronze curls made Bella look up from the floor and gesture for Renesmee to come to her. They had to hide and they needed to do it now. Renesmee tiptoed across the oak floor, the boards of wood only sliding slightly.

Renesmee ran into her mother's arms and Bella closed her bedroom door. The door slammed and that's when she heard a disgruntled groan from downstairs. Bella's brown eyes glanced into Renesmee's. "Under the bed. Now."

Renesmee rolled under the bed and Bella crawled under after her daughter. Renesmee's small body was squished against Bella's, trying to take up as little room as possible. Renesmee buried her face into Bella's baseball t-shirt, inhaling her mother's scent. She smelled of old books, roses and cinnamon.

Footsteps echoed through the hallway. They stopped in front of the door and Bella swallowed the lump in her throat. The door let out a creak as it was pushed open and a loud chuckle filled up the room.

Renesmee was breathing very fast. Even though Bella wasn't a vampire, she could easily hear Renesmee's heartbeat. And so could the intruder.

He walked around the bed. "I wonder where you could be...," he murmured. Then the bed groaned as it was lifted up. Renesmee squealed and giggled as Emmett helped Bella and Renesmee out from under the bed.

"37-0," Emmett said proudly, with a goofy grin.

Bella stretched out her back, hoping Renesmee wouldn't suggest playing hide-and-seek again. "You're only winning because you can smell and hear us," Bella retorted with an eye roll.

"Or maybe it's because I'm the champion of hide-and-seek."

Renesmee snicked and earned a glare from her uncle. He snatched her up from the ground and rushed downstairs so fast that Bella couldn't see what was happening.

She chuckled and sat down on the leather chair that was near the giant glass windows. Her engagement ring glimmered in the summer sun.

It had only been three months since Edward has proposed. Ever since that day, everything had been hectic. Alice would be planning with Edward, Emmett would be assigned the distraction and everyone else would follow Alice and Edward's plan.

Butterflies fluttered around her stomach when she realized what day it was. August 31st. That meant the wedding was in two days, including today. Bella swallowed her doubts about the day and basked the warm sun.

Not even ten minutes later, two soft hands gently gripped her shoulders. Thumbs dug into her shoulder blade, making her head go back in enjoyment. Edward's crooked smile glowed in the sunlight. Bella got up out of the chair and pulled into Edward's embrace.

"That was fast," Bella acknowledged as Edward nudged his cold nose onto her neck, his lips trailing down the side. He had gone to Seattle with Alice, Esme, Jasper and Carlisle for a family hunting trip before the wedding. He had only left the day before whilst Bella was sleeping.

"I couldn't stay away from you any longer, Mrs.Cullen," He breathed against her neck as his lips dangerously nipped at her jawline.

Bella rolled her eyes at the cheesiness as he pushed the door closed and laid Bella on the bed. He hovered above her and Bella's smile turned into a smirk. Edward's lips fell on hers, creating a beautiful fusion of fire and ice. Edward wrapped Bella's legs around his waist, and held her by her thighs as he suckled her lips.

The mixture of his cold breath and her warm breath was heavenly. In a quick movement of arms, Edward's shirt was gone. His pale skin practically melted into Bella's. Bella grabbed the bottom hem of her shirt, but Edward gently stopped her.