Chapter Eleven: Hiding in Plain Sight

The rays of sunlight came down on Bella's bare back as she ran her fingers down Edward's shoulder. He hummed in response to her touch as her fingers fell down his arm. His golden eyes caught Bella's own, and she glanced down away from his gaze. Adjusting his arm, he pulled Bella closer, forcing her to look into his eyes.

"Don't be ashamed, love," he whispered, his thumb running down her lips. "They are as beautiful as you."

She snatched his hand from her face and interlaced their fingers together, his warm touch sending chills down her spine. "The sun is almost rising; Oliver and Renesmee will be waking up shortly," she realized. Her body stretched to escape Edward's grip, but Edward pulled her closer.

"Not yet, Bella. There's a few things we have to do before we go meet the others," he established, his hands running down her lower back.

"Like what?" Bella purred, tangling her fingers in his bronze curls.

"Well you haven't seen the rest of the house yet. And I think you could use a nice drink." He winked just as Bella's throat started to burn. Edward chuckled as Bella squirmed out of his grip and ran to the ginormous closet. She felt lost just entering the room.

After digging through endless drawers and flipping through clothes, Bella found black skinny jeans, and a button up black shirt. As she was buttoning up her shirt, Edward's broad arms wrapped around her, his finger tips resting on her stomach. She rested the back of her head in the crook of his neck.

"It feels so weird," she admitted, placing her hands on top of Edward's, their wedding rings clicking together.

"Mhm?"

"To not have Oliver in my stomach." Her hand rubbed a circle on a stomach, causing the shirt to lift up, revealing her pale skin.

Edward smiled and kissed the underside of her jaw. "You'll get used to it, I promise," He whispered as he nuzzled his face into her neck.

Bella let out a sigh as Edward started unbuttoning her black shirt. She swatted his hand, grabbed it and pinned it behind his back. Thankfully, he was dressed. Edward growled as he struggled against Bella's strength.

"Later," She promised, releasing his arm, a playful grin on her face.

"You're so going to pay, Mrs. Cullen," He growled.

Bella winked. "If you can catch me."

In a blur, Bella pranced out the door, Edward racing behind her, a determined look on he face. Ducking, jumping and running came to her easily, as her senses connected with her old vampire self. Two hands grabbed her waist, pulling herself and her attacker to the ground. Bella laughed as Edward hovered over top of her, a smirk on his face.

"I win. What's my prize?"

She leaned forwards and attached her lips to his own, deepening the kiss and grabbing his neck. Edward flipped them over and Bella straddled his lab, his face in her hands. Just as Edward was about to deepen the kiss, Bella let go leaving Edward pouting.

"Later," she repeated as she stood up and sniffed the air.

Her senses collided into one as her eyes closed and she began to take in the forest around her. The pungent smell of an elk infiltrated her nostrils.

And then, she was off. The trail of the scent guided her towards an opening to a field. Crouching down, she spotted the elk and the fire in her throat grew. She blocked out all other distractions as she let out a hot breath, getting ready to pounce. Her leg kicked back and Bella jumped landing on the animal, her razor sharp canines sinking into it's neck. The elk squirmed until it had no fight left in it.