Chapter Two: Two Become One

Blood covered the white fabric. The dress clung to Bella's thighs, making them sticky with blood. Her hand trembled as she picked up the bouquet of red roses. Her hand was also stained with crimson specks. The engagement ring that hugged her finger had a thick layer of blood clouding the diamond.

She moved a piece of hair away from her face, and adjusted her veil. It was time to walk down the aisle.

The music started to play and Bella strode down the aisle, not missing a beat. She wasn't slouching, nor was she shuffling her feet. Her heels were a light shade of pink, due to the puddles of blood colliding with the white shoes. Bella didn't even notice the blood.

When she turned the corner on the aisle, she saw him, but he didn't see her. He was wearing a white tuxedo, with a red tie. His crazy hair had been somewhat tamed down, but a few pieces went awry.

The soft fabric of the veil brushed against Bella's cheek as she looked down at the puddles of blood to check her reflection.

Her lips were blood red, and her cheeks were covered with crimson. Her eyes glowed, but she couldn't see the color of her eyes. Judging by her reflection, Bella assumed her eyes were red.

A smirk crawled up Bella's face as she looked up. Instead of white benches beside the white aisle, bodies were piled together. They were all wearing white, and huge chunks of their necks were missing.

Edward was looking at the bodies, and then his butterscotch orbs locked with Bella's red eyes. He had no light in his eyes.

Bella cocked her head to one side as Edward opened his mouth. "You're a monster, Bella," he whispered.

Her finger curled up, making the flowers crumple up and fall to the ground. "Isn't that what you wanted?"

"I wanted to be with you forever. Not watch you kill everyone I love."

Bella smirked and took a step closer to Edward, running her stained hand across his cheek. "I only killed them because you're mine. No one else can have you," Bella growled, grabbing Edward's neck with her hand. He struggled against her grip and she shoved him to the ground, a crack forming on his jaw.

"Why are you doing this Bella?" Edward cried out as Bella pulled the veil out of her hair. Her hair was in messy knots, clumps of blood entwined with locks of her hair.

Bella frowned as she slid off her heels. "Don't be afraid, Edward," Bella purred. "I would never hurt you." She pushed a bronze curl of his hair away.

"You killed my family," Edward whispered. "You already have hurt me."

Bella ran her teeth over her bottom lip. "Don't worry, I can fix it!"

That's when she snapped his neck.

"Bella, wake up!" Bella gasped as she awoke from her slumber and jolted upwards. Her pulse was racing and beads of sweat were racing down the side of her head.

Bella's eyes flickered to where the voice had came from to see Alice with a worried expression planted on her face. "Bella, are you alright?"

Bella let out a shaky exhale and she pushed her brown hair away from her face. "I'm fine," she lied as she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes.

Alice sat herself down on Bella's bed, her golden eyes analyzing Bella's face. "Just wedding jitters," Bella added on, hoping to make the lie believable.

Alice redid the knot on the purple satin robe she had on and then took Bella's hand in her own. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Bella quickly shook her head as Alice gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "I'll be fine. Besides, it was just a dream."