10. Sincerely, Arthur

Dear France,

How are you? Lately, I've heard news that your Country may end up at war again. Can't you possibly stay out of trouble for just a year? I'm amazed you've managed to last this long.

I've been well. As I'm sure you are aware, I recently won another battle with Spain. Bloody nuisance needs to stay within his own waters. Though, they are all my waters so I suppose he just needs to hurry up and surrender to me. Bloody pirate. It won't be long until my Queen is everyone's Queen.

Well, not exactly. You see, there is a problem with our plan. And that problem is you. You're so enfuriating sometimes, I can't stand it! We've planned to attack you many times. The plans are fool proof, and yet, I can never go through with them.

There is something wrong with me. I go into battle with you, and it's very rare that I lose. And yet, when I stand over you victoriously, I never deal the finishing blow. I never take your land as my own. I let you continue on as a Country. The Queen thinks me mad when I say that I can't defeat you. But, she doesn't understand. And I don't either. Well, I used to not understand. I believe now I am beginning to.

I have to be honest. It physically pains me to write this, you absolute twat, but it is not possible for me to take you. The thought of you no longer being a part of this world. No longer being here throughout my long life, which will surely last forever as the world's leading Country. The thought of you not being there through all of it, is detestable, so.

I shall say it just this once. Don't ever make me repeat it, because I will kick your arse. Maybe, I'll get lucky and this letter will never reach you. God, would that not be ironic? I wish this to reach you, yet at the same time, I hope to ever have this reach your hands. Perhaps the delivery carriage will meet some sort of accident and this confession will be lost to the sand of times. I'm delaying now, I can not any longer.

The truth is

I'm in love with you.

Sincerely, Arthur