Chapter 4

After Charlotte stormed out of Henry's house in tears, she began walking to the dance.

Charlotte: (I can't believe Henry right now. Why would he try to hurt Brandon? Whatever Char, just forget it; you're going to the dance.)

Charlotte arrives to Swellview Junior High and sees Brandon with his friends. She walks a little faster towards them.

Charlotte: Hey Brandon. (Keep it together, act cool. He's just a guy.)

Brandon: Charlotte, you came. Excited for tonight? (She looks so pretty in the moonlight. Focus Brandon, remember the plan. Lure her in, then BAM.)

Charlotte: Um, I guess. it's just a dance, right? (What's up with boys today?)

Brandon: Well, yeah. But, remember, it'll be a night you'll never forget.

Charlotte: (I can't wait!) Alright then. Let's go inside.

Brandon and his friends were snickering as they went inside to the school. Just as they reached the gym, Henry and Jasper arrived to the dance.

Jasper: Let's get ready for the best night of our lives, Hen!

Henry: Yeah, no thanks. I'm not hungry. (Where is Charlotte? Is she already inside?)

Jasper: Um, Henry, you seemed a little distracted for the whole car ride.

Henry: ......... I'm sorry, did you say something?

Jasper: What's up with you, Hen?

Henry: Nothing. I just... need some fresh air.

Jasper: We're outside...

Henry: Right...well, I'll see you inside.

Jasper met up with his dates on the courtyard and they left to the gymnasium.

Henry: (All I gotta do is relax...Ray will get here soon.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE THE SCHOOL

Charlotte was talking to a few of her friends at the dance. Suddenly, she saw Brandon and his buddies, and she decided to join them.

Charlotte: Be right back guys.

The more she continued to walk towards the group, the louder they roared out laughter. Brandon's face was bright red as Charlotte came closer.

Charlotte: (Is he okay?) Hey guys. What's going on?

Brandon: Look Charlotte...I need to be honest with you.

Charlotte: About what? (Oh no, is it my dress? My hair? Just breathe Charlotte, you're your own person, you look fine. Don't worry)

Just as Brandon was about to blurt out the truth, a large crowd began to roar as 2 people went up on stage.

Charlotte: No...way

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Man: Alright Kid, just like we practiced.

Kid Danger: Yeah, this is gonna be so good. When everyone sees Brandon on Monday, he'll be the worst kid in school.

Captain Man: That's only if he has the balls to show his face on Monday.

The audience of middle school kids cheered as they saw Kid Danger and Captain Man on stage.