Chapter sixteen

*Really sorry for the late update.

Chapter sixteen

Laila

I was trying and I repeat trying to play the note that Zachariah had just shown me but there wasn't even comparison between mine and his. I sighed, removing my fingers from the piano keys."I think this isn't really for me" I said we've been trying many times and each failed attempt made me more hesitant.

"Don't give up. Piano is hard in the beginning but then your fingers get more flexible and it will be pretty easy. Playing the piano is easier than the violin" I looked at him

"Ok. I never tried the violin but piano is easier, everybody knows that" I laughed with him. Marwa and his mother weren't with us. Marwa went out with her friends, of course with us three, me, Zachariah's mother, and Marwa trying to convince Zachariah that she goes with her car.

"So I think that's enough for today, all you need to do is try moving your pinky finger more" I laughed slightly it just sounds so funny."Okay I will" I took my purse getting ready to leave. "Tell your mother goodbye for me" His mother went to sleep just fifteen minutes ago

"I'll usher you out" He said and I stopped so that he could have the chance to walk infront of me.

***

I was with Nassir eating lunch in the cafeteria. We had so much work so we decided to call for a delivery from Kudu and ate here so we could return to our desks quickly. Nassir came in time to see the hardships we faced here surprisingly he was pretty positive. He was always joking around but at the same time his work is done perfectly.

"Where are you from?" I asked him

"I'm from Alexandria. What about you?"

"Oh I love Alexandria. I go particularly every summer" I changed the topic and he opened his mouth to say something but his phone's ringtone interrupted him. Nasser looked at the caller ID and excused himself saying that he has to take this phone call. I finished and he still didn't return so I decided to go to my office and start working.

I threw the wraps and everything left from my eating and took the tray putting it in its place. I waited for the elevator then quickly entered and pressed on thirteen. Minutes and the elevator stopped on my floor I exited it took a turn went to the end of the hall and I was in front of my office but before I could enter I froze. Nassir was pacing in the room while talking on the phone but made me stop was hearing my name in his conversation.

I knew what I was doing was wrong but curiosity killed the cat as they say.

"What did you expect from Laila, Huh?"

Silence

"I will get to know her first then we will see. But you need to do stop stalking her you know. Everything you want will happen but you are doing it the wrong way." He turned to the door and I immediately hid.

"Now I have to go she is waiting and if you didn't stop I will tell her everything and I'm sure if I told her now her reaction won't be good" I quickly went to the elevator acting as if I just came out from it.

* * *