Thirteen

I saw Greta at the bar stool and approached her. She was busy with some stuffs.

"Can i help you ?"

"No, Miss. I'm good." She replied.

One of the maids came and told her that the cook burnt his hand accidentally.

"I will check it later, i need to bring this to Master's study." She pointed to the wine and a glass she held on.

"Here, let me. I will bring it to him. You go check on the cook." I volunteered.

"Really ? Thank you for your help, Miss. Just put it on his desk. He likes to open the bottle by himself." She handed me the tray , i nodded.

I walked to his study. Smiling to his preference of wine. I loved sauvignon blanc too instead of chardonnay. I was going to knock when i noticed the door slid opened a little. I can hear someone was talking. When i pushed the door a little, i gasped at the vision. James pointed a gun to someone's head, then i heard a bang. It happened, he shot a man on the head.

The body fell on the ground with his face up. I stared at the dead body. It was the scar face. I screamed loud and the tray fell instantly. My gaze found his. My tears streamed down my cheeks. There stood a man who didn't have mercy, there stood an unholy monster in attire of a man, there stood a beast with murderous compressed inside.

I ran upstairs as fast as i could, i noticed he ran after me. Once inside i quickly closed my bedroom door, but it useless as a strong arm held it open. He walked up to me with heedful steps.

"Don't you dare come any closer near me !" I screamed.

"You need to calm down." He said with serene tone, and i saw something dead in his eyes.

I shook my head violently as tears cascaded down my cheeks. I looked away to the room, it suffocated me. He was a monster, i thought there was still good in him. But i was delusional, he forever more was a murderer.

"Let me get the hell out of here, i don't wanna stay in this hell any longer."

My heart was in my throat. His eyes widened in a second and he made steps toward me. Ignoring my prohibition to come near me.

"God, stay away from me !"

He took my arms to calm me down. Rage took over my form as i lifted my hand and slapped him across his face. He didn't even budge, the force i used didn't effect him at all. I shoved his chest away from me.

"Jesus get away from me"

"Cassandra listen to me." He ordered.

I looked up to him, we stared at each other.

"Who are you ? Because what i see in front of me right now is nothing but a hideous beast." I felt like something choking my throat when i said that, it hurt me to say something like that to him.

He just stared at me for a long while. His expression showed nothing. Then he stepped back and walked out of the room. I jumped at the loud door bang. Unable to hold my own weight, i collapsed to the floor. I couldn't breathed, i just saw a man got killed. How can i breathe ?

I needed to get away from here. I can't lived with that beast. How many times do i have to witness death ? How long it will take until it was my turn to be killed ? But i can't escape, the guards and cctv. But i can't stay any longer, I had to go now. I had to try.

I shed my tears and opened the balcony door. I straddled the wall to avoid the cctv, i looked down and hissed at the cold breeze. I climbed the edge and managed to crawl the deck. I used my hands to hang on the deck and moved slowly. I saw sands and grass under me. It was only three feet. I had to jump, i can make it. I jumped and landed on my back. I stifled the scream, only managed to groan to the pain. I stood and looked up to find cctv, i needed to avoid the camera's range. I looked around to find a way out, I ran towards a small wooden door that connected to the woods. This was the only way , i can't climbed the wall.

I ran towards the woods didn't know where i was going, i just needed to get far away from him. I didn't know how long i've been running because all i can see was just bushes and trees around me. I could hear my own breathing. It was getting dark, there were creepy sounds. I kept walking ignoring the sounds. I felt a drop of water on my cheek, i looked up to see the sky was covered with cumulus nimbus clouds. It was going to rain. I fasten my strides, i needed to find the road soon. But whatever path i chose, and no matter how long i walked i couldn't find the road.

The rain was getting heavy, i felt pairs of eye haunting me. And the creepy sounds lingered there. I ran fast, didn't care that the branches of tree scratching my arms and legs. Something was tugging my dress, i screamed and turned around. It was just a branch. I stumbled on a rock and fell knees first. I inspected my knees, it wasn't that bad. What shocking me was a couple of leeches on my leg, i took a leaf and pushed them off my leg. I noticed there were some of insects on the ground, i got up quickly.

I ran to find a place. I heard voices again, i clasped ears and kept running. I felt something ran after me, i ran faster. A thunder strike in, i cried but kept running. In that moment, i regretted for leaving the mansion. I stumbled and fell for couple times but kept running until i found a hut. I got in and stayed down as thunders kept striking in. I hugged my knees and clasped my ears.

Please someone help me.

Daddy help me . .

Ryan where are you . .

But deep inside me, i knew there was only one person who can help me, who i needed the most, those strong arms were where i want to be.

James . .

Help me . .