The Bucket List

For the next few hours Corey and I sat in the tower, alternating between watching the water and chatting away. He seemed really interested in why I moved to Australia. About an hour before knock off time, there was a sharp knock on the door. 'Zoe, can you grab that please?' Uttered Corey, clearly he was watching a tourist in the water. I jumped up from my seat and opened the door. That's when I was greeted by a horrible sight. A teenage girl, not much younger than me, was standing in the doorway, cut up all down her leg.

'Corey, little help here!' I said. I heard Corey swivel his chair around and look over the partition. He chuckled and said 'Flat Rock?' The girl just nodded and looked down shamefully. I got to work cleaning her cuts with saline and bandaging them. When I finished she said 'Cheers!' And limped away. 'Nice job Zo!' exclaimed Corey.

An hour later we took down the flags and lugged the heavy boards up the beach. 'Hey guys, wanna go down to The Bucket List tonight?' Suggested Yatesy. Everybody replied 'yes' straight away, so I agreed as well. 'Cool, see you at 8!' Soon after, we all went our own ways. I began the short walk back to my apartment, tired but happy.

As I entered my apartment, I smiled to myself. It was a newly built apartment, with a large open plan kitchen/living room, a bathroom, dining room and study downstairs. When you first enter, you are greeted by a beautiful spiral staircase that leads to 3 good-sized bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I ascended the stairs and walked into my room. It was already a mess, despite only living here for 4 days. I jumped on my bed and laughed to myself. I am such a child. I opened the bifold doors onto the balcony, and was immediately captivated. The view was breathtaking. I could see for miles around, the Sydney buildings were all lit up, and Bondi just looked stunning.

I finally got round to changing, but it was so hard to choose an outfit. Rummaging through my wardrobe, I settled for some SuperDry shorts and a Hollister vest top, as it was still quite warm outside. I walked into my ensuite and glanced in the mirror. I never normally wear makeup, and to be honest I couldn't be bothered today. I quickly brushed my hair and styled it into a French plait, so it draped over my shoulder. I felt confident, so I picked up my phone, purse and hoodie and stuffed them into a bag. I was so excited as I walked out of the door.

The walk to The Bucket List was about 15 minutes, so I stuffed my earphones into my ears and selected a Nirvana playlist. I soon reached the Bondi Pavilion and glanced around. My eyes caught sight of the sunset and I gasped silently. It was beautiful. Pinky red colours blended with small amounts of yellow created the illusion of a burning sky. I felt someone behind me and giggled. Maxi was there, pulling a stupid face at me.

'Wanna come inside? Everyone's waiting for you!' Exclaimed Maxi. 'Yeah sure.' We walked through the outside area, which was full of sofas and umbrellas, and stepped inside. It was even nicer in here, with barstools and massive windows looking out onto the beach. We walked up to the bar and joined the others. Yatesy, Reidy, Whippet, Jesse, Gonzo and Deano were all there, apparently the others couldn't make it.

We all ordered drinks and nibbles (Calamari) and sat down around a large window seat. Soon enough, our drinks arrived, along with the food, and the boys all got gradually more drunk. Jesse was the worst. By the end of the night he was completely hammered. All of us had long conversations about general nonsense, and then we got onto the topic of work. The boys all seemed really happy there was a girl on the team, and the only sober person, Deano, had to keep reminding them I was only 18.

At 12:30 we decided to go home. It was a struggle getting Jesse out of the bar, but we finally made it and Deano gave him a lift home. I walked back to my apartment fine, because I only had one glass of wine. Once I arrived I got into my pyjamas and almost immediately fell asleep. This had been one of the best days of my life.

I had made so many new friends, got a lot of new phone numbers and best of all, got the best job in the world.

Thanks everybody for reading this chapter! Keep reading, voting, commenting and being happy xx