First Day Of Filming

2 weeks later...

I walked to work with Bisho, having discovered that he lived close to me. When I opened the tower door, Maxi pounced on top of me. I had literally no idea why, until I looked around and saw a large camera pointing at me. I laughed and hugged Maxi. The light on the front of the camera went off and I sighed. I had never been particularly comfortable when I was being filmed. The other lifeguards on duty were Deano, Beardy, Kerrbox, Quinno and Whippet. Deano introduced me to a tall, bearded man with a clipboard, whose name was John. I quickly realised he was the person in charge of the filming, and I shook his hand. 'Hey, my name is Zoe.' I said. He released my hand. 'Ah, you're the new lifeguard. The boys have told me all about you!' He smiled warmly. 'Have they being saying good or bad stuff?' I asked nervously. 'Good!' He chuckled.

I walked up to the window and dumped my stuff on the desk. I sat down and began surveying the beach. However, John put his hand on my shoulder and asked me to step outside. He gestured to the cameraman and the person holding the microphone, and we all walked out of the door and onto the warm sand. I sat down on the steps, and saw that the camera was pointing right at me. I cringed and heard John laugh. 'I can tell you're not comfortable with the camera, but all we need you to do is a small interview, telling us about yourself and why you're here.' I nodded and began to speak when the camera light came on.

20 minutes later I finally got through the interview without laughing. I jumped up the stairs 2 at a time and burst into the tower. 'Hey Zoe! How was the interview?' I heard Quinno say. 'Terrifying!' I laughed. I picked up a pair of binoculars and sat next to Quinn. I spotted a tourist who had dropped off the bank, and immediately radioed Beardy, who rushed into the water. I heard the door open behind us and turned around. Reidy was standing in the doorway, grinning at me. 'Hola!' Another camera was behind him, and I could see the microphone above his head. 'Hoppo called me in, because it's really busy today!' I nodded. 'It's rammed!' He waltzed up the stairs and fell over my chair. I burst out laughing, and so did Quinn. My laugh sounded like a witch, which made the camera people laugh as well. It was a mess.

1 hour later...

There was a knock on the door. I jumped up from my seat and leaped down the stairs, almost falling into the Cameraman, Colin. I turned the handle and was greeted by a crying girl. She was clutching her arm, which was bent at a very strange angle. I sat her down gently on the medical bed and called out. 'Hey, can one of you come and help please?' Quinno came running down the stairs and straight to the girls side. 'Hello, I'm Quinn. Your arm looks painful!Are your parents here?' He said this in such a comforting voice that she immediately stopped crying. 'My name is Katie. My parents are here somewhere.'

Me and Quinn exchanged worried looks when she said this. 'How old are you sweetie?' I asked. '7' Katie said. 'Reidy, can ask the boys to try an find Katie's parents please?' I shouted. 'Yeah sure Zo!' I turned back to Katie and realised Quinn had gone to call an ambulance. The only thing I could do was comfort her. When Katie's parents arrived at the tower they looked extremely anxious. 'Oh my god Katie! What did you do?' Her mum exclaimed. 'I fell over!' Said Katie simply. The ambulance soon reached us and Katie was taken away.

Throughout the rest of the day nothing really happened, except a few backpackers getting stuck in the rip. Reidy took a ton of selfies with me, and posted a couple on Instagram. I noticed my follower count immediately go up, to about 2k. Quinn also posted one, which had the same effect. At 7:30, all the boys arrived back at the tower. John was trailing behind them. 'Well done today guys! That was a great first day!' He grinned. We all laughed and Whippet said 'Quite eventful!' We all parted to go our separate ways soon after, and I stumbled into my apartment, tired but happy.

Sorry guys! This chapter is pretty shit because I have to choose my GCSE options this week, and I'm really stressed out about it. However, I have chosen Maths, English Lang + Lit, Religion, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geography and French :) xxx