Chapter 5 - Research

"Destiny, there's no way out here," said Xreato, looking around. Everything around them was white, they could see nothing in this world. "Xreato, here," called Destiny, passing her goggles. Xreato looked at them and wore it. This world was now visible.

"How did you make these?" asked Xreato. Destiny grinned. "I combined normal goggles with my 'SEE STUFF THAT'S INVISIBLE.' Smart, right?" The two friends continued exploring the place. It was still all white, but objects appeared.

This place was a village, and a big one. Villagers were walking up and down holding a stack of books. Most of them carried books and some carried tools of writing and art. Xreato walked up to one of them. "Excuse me..." The villager screamed and ran away. The rest of the village screamed, dropped their stuff and ran back into their house. Destiny laughed at Xreato.

"SHUDDUP!" she shouted. Destiny rolled on the ground and laughed even harder. Xreato ignored her and took off the goggles. "Hey, D..."

Destiny stopped laughing and looked at Xreato. She immediately understood and took off her goggles. Another scenery started to appear. It was the background of a street. Xreato put on the goggles and cut off one part. Destiny did the same. Both of them could now see the real village - nothing was white anymore.

"Destiny...where are we?" Xreato asked. "I don't know.. .just let me check my super laptop..." Destiny replied. She peered at her laptop on GPS mode. "Wait.. this is not Vinluli! *laptop scans village* We're in a parallel universe! Wow! I didn't know this existed! Wait till NASA finds out..." 

Xreato gawked at her friend. At times of seriousness, she could really talk off-topic. FIVE MILES off the topic. "Okay... so... how do we get out?" Destiny looked at Xreato. "Get out? LATER! Let's explore!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Xreato screamed and grabbed Destiny and tried to teleport to her igloo. Suddenly, they were both in an igloo. It was an igloo alright.

Just... not Xreato's igloo. "COOL! OMG, X! I can't believe you took us to PARALLEL ANTARCTICA! Antarctica in this parallel universe!!!" Destiny squealed. Xreato looked at her. "It's not even called that..." Destiny frowned. "It says there on that sign..."

The sign said, "WELCOME TO AMASLA" and at the bottom in small print read, Property of Xrotea. "These people have weird names," laughed Destiny. Xreato looked around the igloo and observed the sign. "Hey, D, do you think this person who lives in this igloo is like me? He or she has a name like mine too..." said Xreato. Destiny was standing in front of a heater.

"Hmm? Oh yeah,"  agreed Destiny. "Hey, let's find my parallel me right now!" Xreato hit her head. Destiny was getting too playful, about three seconds until Xreato bursts... One, two, three - "DESTINY! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU - THIS IS IMPORTANT WORK! OUR FRIEND IS IN DANGER!" she shouted. Then she stopped.

"Destiny, I have an idea. We need to go to your house. Where is it again?" asked Xreato. "I'll write it on a piece of paper. She tore a piece of paper from a notebook in the igloo and wrote her address down. She passed it to Xreato. "I wish to go to blah blah blah..." POOF! They were in Destiny's parallel house. Destiny hopped up and down.

"MY WONDERFUL HOUSE IN AMERICA!" she screamed. "Oh yeah, why did you want to come here anyway? And oh look, a sign! It says, WELCOME TO DASETY'S HOUSE. What a weird name again." Xreato busted the door. Everything looked the same except for the fact that there were PILES OF BOOKS everywhere!

Destiny started digging her house up to find her favorite storybook. "D, we have to find that book Starshine gave us," explained Xreato. "If we go back into the parallel world of that booby cave trap, we might find the real Library of Secrets." Destiny nodded and continued her search.

"Found it!" shouted Destiny. She held the book up as Xreato snatched it. "C'mon, we don't have anymore time to waste!" The two friends went inside the book and found Capricorn there. They waved at him.

"Why are you meddling kids here? I told you to shoo about half an hour ago!" screamed Capricorn. Before Destiny and Xreato could explain everything, Capricorn went on a rampage and threw balls of water at them. "YOU WON'T ESCAPE THIS TIME!" Destiny turned back and blasted a wave of water at Capricorn. She then ran back towards Xreato. Capricorn stopped and stared at the wave, confused.

"GOOD JOB, D!" praised Xreato as Capricorn got hit by the wave. There were no challenges on their way to the cave and did the same thing they did in their world and finally reached the Library of Secrets. "Yes, so the real thing was here after all!" shouted Xreato. Destiny took one of the books out and read out the title. 

"Everything you should know about Starshine's misused power," read Destiny. She opened the book and checked the content. There were so many chapters - rage, selfishness, arrogance, wrath, pride, greediness, sloth, jealousy and the mixtures of these sins. Xreato pointed at the last chapter and asked Destiny to go to page 157. Destiny looked at one of the mixtures that Luna had effected her - selfishness, greediness and jealousy.

"If these sins are combined into one of at least one person, it shall create the source of an evil creature," read Xreato. "The name of this source is called Jelous. This source shall create zombies that have the ability to erase all elemental powers from anyone and corrupt one's mind once their elemental powers are sucked up. This mind shall believe that zombies are friendly creatures and can only be cured in their first stage.

"This stage is called 'Illusions' as the minds only see zombies as friendly creatures. Sometimes, the minds can see flashing images of the zombie as their minds are not full corrupted. Those that are not corrupted can wake them up. The second stage is called 'Lies and Greed.' The mind shall now lie about everything, except saying the friendly creatures(not) are not friendly creatures. It shall become greedy and want the things they first wanted.

"The last and final stage is 'Complete Zombie.' The mind shall become a zombie and cannot be cured. Their skin will turn green and this will happen when the mind is asleep. It will continue its development. The only way to stop it from spreading is to kill them. You can only cure them before their skin turns completely green."

 Destiny and Xreato looked at each other. They have to work fast to cure Luna! The book contains the recipe for the second stage. Xreato wished for a cauldron and a special mixer. She wished for all the ingredients and Destiny began to stir and stir. She then carefully poured the concoction into a small tube. Xreato carefully sealed it with a bag that's unbreakable but soft in the inside. "Quick, we have to find that book about us!" shouted Xreato.

Luckily, Destiny found the book not long after the search. Xreato and Destiny together flipped to the same page and went back to the same village. Xreato wished for both of them to take them to Luna's house. Destiny ran behind her, trying to prevent the carefully sealed bag from shaking. For some reason, there was a different type of door and all the zombies had disappeared. Xreato busted the door again and couldn't believe what they saw.