Chapter 31-Discovery (Colin's perspective)

Colin-

"Kat..." I sighed, banging my head against the door as I sat against it. "Open the door Kat, please!"

My head slumped into my hands and I pulled at my hair in exasperation. She didn't understand!

"Kat let me in!" I called. I had to make her understand.

My mind thought back to earlier this afternoon when I had took her to the park for her birthday. I remembered carrying her and she laughed when she fell, her smiling up at me. Her smile. Kat would always smile but you could always tell when it was a real smile and not fake. Her eyes would seem just a little bit brighter and her smile just that little bit wider.

Now that smile had gone.

Because of me. She had looked at me as if she didn't want to be anywhere else than there with me; she had trusted me and now I had broken that trust. Now she was crying, because of me. I had made her cry. I've never made her cry.

The worst thing though was that she blamed herself! She said that she understood why I wouldn't want to be with her; that she wasn't popular at school and that she wasn't pretty...Kat would look in the mirror and not see how beautiful she was. I didn't care how popular she was! I just wanted to be with her; she was beautiful to me. Now I had lost her!

It was with this thought that I fell asleep.

*

I awoke with a jump as someone shook me awake.

"Kat?" I mumbled. The person pulled me up and pushed me back and my head slammed into the wall. That wasn't Kat.

"Liam, what the hell?" I exclaimed when my eyes adjusted and I saw who it was.

Liam looked and me angrily and his fist pulled back and then smacked into my jaw. My hand flew automatically to my face but I wasn't going to fight him, I deserved it. The pain from the hit just settled as numbness.

"Do you realise what you've done?" He yelled at me, "You're the first person she's trusted since her Mum died. She didn't even trust me, her brother! And now you've proved to her what she thought: that she couldn't trust anyone." I leaned against the wall for support.

"I know," I said quietly, "I just need to get her to listen, to understand what really happened."

"No! You'll leave her alone!" Liam ordered, pushing me by my shoulder. I had never seen him this angry.

"You sound like Jason." I joked, even though I didn't feel like laughing. Liam shook his head at me in disgust.

"Is she in there?" Liam asked, signalling to her bedroom door. I nodded.

He shook the door handle, discovering that it was locked.

"Don't you think that I've tried that?" I said bitterly. Liam rolled his eyes at me.

"Kat it's me, open the door." He called softly. Liam frowned and then put his ear to the door, listening.

"She's not in there." He concluded.

"She has to be, I've been here the whole time." I stated.

Our eyes met.

Liam flew to the door and shook it violently. "Kat!" He shouted.

I pushed past him and kicked hard at the door, it swung open. As we both walked inside my heart sank, my heart seeming to pound louder. She wasn't in there. She had gone...

Her cupboard showed the lack clothes and the objects which usually sat around her room were also gone, along with her guitar. My foot brushed against something as I walked across the room. It was a broken snow globe which had a girl and a boy with a red hat inside. The glass had smashed as if it had dropped from something.

I placed the snow globe on her bed and that's when my eyes fell on the open window. I felt the pain shoot through my body and I turned to Liam before racing to the window and climbing out, but he stopped me before I could go.

"You don't know where she is. You won't be able to find her!" He stated.

"I don't care. It's my fault that she's gone." I said determinedly, "I have to try."

"Good luck." Liam whispered as I climbed out of the window and ran along the roof; jumping down onto the ground before running across the garden.

As I ran I looked out over the darkened hills-which looked like a photograph in the night sky-I vowed that I was going to find her...somehow.

I had to.

_________________________________________________________

Hi all,

Yeah...so I'm not overly pleased with this chapter but I wanted to upload it for you guys and also to see if you liked it!

As you can probably tell, I have never really written in a boy's perspective before and as I said before: I don't think this chapter will be the finished product; it will probably get re-written at some point. Oh and it will hopefully be edited tomorrow ;-P

Dedication: JanelleTallafer-for being an amazing fan and for liking How I Met Your Mother!

Apart from that please let me know if you liked it by voting/commenting and I hope to speak (or type...) again soon!

Thanks for reading,

Mair x

Warning: I am very tired right now *_*

<3>