Chapter 9-Nightmare

The music seeped through my headphones and I tried to forget about everything. About Abigail, about Friday and about how another innocent person may be killed in a fight that might be going on right now…

I jumped as someone started banging on the bedroom door. “Open the door, don’t worry.”

Of course I was flipping worried, one of the gang members was trying to break the door down. “Open the door!” He shouted.

Running over to my dresser, I quickly pulled open one of the draws and took out the penknife which I kept in there. Just as I was walking towards the door I heard a noise behind me and I turned to see a silhouetted figure jumped down into my room from the open window! I turned and hit whoever it was in the face.

“Kat it just me!” Colin groaned, rubbing his jaw. “Flipping hell you punch hard!”

“Sorry!” I gasped, almost laughing in relief.

There was more banging at the door and Colin looked at me saying, “Stay there.” He then walked up to the door, flung it open and punched the boy who was standing there. The expression of amazement on the person face was so comical that I felt like laughing! He stumbled backwards and mumbled: “Sorry, wrong door.” as Colin slammed the door shut.

“So,” Colin said, dusting his hands together, “are you going to tell me number one-why you have a penknife and number two-why Jason looked so pleased with himself when he came back?”
“Ok number one: because stuff like that just happens,” I answered, referring to the earlier incident. “and number two: because he kind of, well, blackmailed me into joining the gang...”

“Kat…” He groaned, running his hands through his straight-brown hair. “Why did you agree to that?”

“He blackmailed me; besides I seem to get into trouble wherever I go so what’s the problem?” I pointed out.

“The problem is that it’s not safe!” Colin exclaimed, “Liam got dragged into all this mess; don’t get pulled into it as well.”

He then walked up and opened the door. “Seriously Kat, don’t make the same mistake that I did.”

The door slammed behind him and I sat down on my bed, my head in my hands. What was I going to do?

_______________________________________

Hi, sorry that this isn't edited yet but please vote if you liked it :-)