Chapter 1 - Car Radio

(Any tøp fans?)

Party Poison's POV.

My hands gripped the steering wheel to the point my knuckles were white, my teeth were gritted together and I did my best in ignoring the throbbing in my head.

The silence that consumed the trans am was unbearable, there was no music or sound to distract myself from what had just happened. There was no melodic rhythm to keep me company; god knows I needed the aggressive guitars and angry vocals blaring through the speakers now more than ever.

I didn't know where to go, my group must surely be in a new location by now, staying in the same place after a drac raid would be suicidal, or at least extremely stupid.

I suppose I was heading for the killjoy HQ where Dr. Death Defying would broadcast his radio shows out here in the zones. It's not like I could retreat back to the diner or zone 6. I knew more than enough Killjoy's who would be willing to let me stay the night at their bases, but in all honesty I couldn't bare to deal with other people right now. If I had to explain myself there was a big possibility i'd start crying, and there's nothing more I hated then showing people my vulnerability.

The pain in my head didn't bother me nearly as much as the tear in my heart. The Better Living Industries had yet again taken suicide Spark away from me, and there was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent her from being captured.

The sly fuckers got us at nightfall; there were far too many draculoids, something I've noticed the BL/I kept doing lately . It's as if they've finally realised how capable we are out here in the zones, sending more and more dracs out to track us down by the weeks. Regardless, we were hopelessly outnumbered, and I couldn't stop Korse from taking her away.

"Party." She choked out, her beautiful voice shaking. I could tell she was terrified, the way her voice shook it was so obvious. Everything was such a blur; I had been pushed down onto my knees, a few dracs surrounding me. Not only was I surrounded, I was also weapon less.

Upon hearing her shaking voice I wanted nothing more but to kiss her sadness away, make the fears stop and let her know everything was going to be okay. I could never have promised her that however, because then, I didn't know if we were gonna' make it or not.

A couple other dracs began dragging her away from me, making me feel like my heart was being shattered. The icing on the cake was seeing her petrified red eyes that I've grown to love.

"I love you, Spark." It was the only words I could think to string together. I hoped she had heard me right; this could easily be the end for me, Party Poison. At least now she knows I did love her no matter what.

"I love you Party!" She yelled back.

I loved that girl, but she could be stupid. Like now, she was kicking and screaming trying to fight the draculoids who were ushering her away from me. I loved that she had fight in her, however right now all she was doing was asking to be hurt.

A strangle cry left her mouth just as I knew would happen, and from the distance I could see her fall to the floor, knocked out cold. My pulse quickened at the sight, but remembered that couldn't have killed her. Thankfully she was not dead, but definitely unconscious. Spark was stupid and reckless, but I loved her regardless. Val Velocity had also been knocked out and slugged into the back of a drac car.

This time I couldn't shut down. Wherever the fabulous four were currently they needed a leader. In a time like this, they needed me. I couldn't act as heartbroken as I was when Spark last got captured.

If anything I was hurting ten times worse as of now, feelings of anger and sickness swirled with in me, making me sick to my stomach. I continued to keep my composure; we just need a plan and some extra back up.

This time, when we charge the industry to take back Suicide Spark, we will take Battery City with it. I've had it up to the sky with Korse and his bullshit. I'm sick of fearing for my life, I'm sick of fearing for my brother's life, my friends' life, and of course, Suicide Spark's life. This industry needed to be eradicated, as soon as physically possible.

As I drove in silence with the trans am's lights on high beam, I couldn't not think about all my worries and fears. Dr. Death Defying didn't air tunes at this time of night, leaving me to sit in silence. Ghoul took all the old records out of the side pockets too so he could listen to them in the comfort of his own room, so now as I sat in silence with my thoughts consuming me, I cursed Fun Ghoul for taking the records that could have potentially distracted my twisted thoughts.

I'm lucky to even be currently sitting in the trans am, I had just barely escaped death at the hand of the BL/I.

All the dracs began retreating to their cars, killing me seemed effortless. I was weapon less, drained, and surrounded. I had no back up, no form of support, and was utterly defenceless. The murder was almost too easy.

Two dracs stayed behind to ensure the deed had been completed successfully. All the other soldiers began starting their engines, embarking back to Battery City for the night.

One of the draculoids that had stayed back specifically to kill me pushed me down so I was lying down on my stomach. I let out a quiet grunt of discomfort.

When I felt the cold metal of a ray gun point at my head, is when my body stiffened.

"Any last words, killjoy?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off, deciding if I was going to die, I may as well die trying, right?

Rolling onto my front using all the strength I could muster, I kicked the drac before me square in the balls, causing the creature to double over in pain.

Using this to my upmost advantage, I grabbed the white ray gun it had previously dropped, and shot his friend straight in the face, killing him instantly.

The other drac who was now on the ground due to the force of my kick was now in the same position I previously was.

"Last words probably would have been, killjoys never die. Pretty badass huh?" Before I could let the drac reply I pulled the trigger, shooting it straight in the head.

After taking the dracs ray guns, figuring they may come in good use later, I climbed down the barren and rock covered area to the trans am, which was left in the same spot I had parked it yesterday.

Which lead me to where I currently am. Clutching the steering wheel and driving at a speed that would have been illegal before the wars began.

I aimed to be at Dr. D's base by sunrise, that way I could debrief him on what had happened, and if I was lucky, get some rest.

The thought of falling asleep made me feel uneasy, I knew she would haunt my dreams, and I couldn't bare the thought of seeing her terrified face right now.

'Her' was Suicide Spark of course; I didn't want to dream about her. I wanted her here with me, right now.

Uncertainty may be the single most hardest thing a person has to deal with. There's nothing worse then being unsure of something. It killed me not knowing whether Spark was safe or not, I needed her here so badly. As I dreaded the thought of having to fall asleep with out Spark, there was one other thing I needed to inform Dr. D.

Someone needs to DJ music all night long, so no one will ever have to go through driving in a painful silence such as this ever again, leaving thoughts to race and twist reality.